BBO Discussion Forums: Would you be upset with partner or.... - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +

Would you be upset with partner or....

#21 User is offline   jdulmage 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-September-11, 18:26

I think this is fine and grand is a bit rich.

Side note, you should never truly be upset with your partner.

Enjoy :)
Visit our website today at http://www.reginabridge.com for information on loads of conventions, our local club, and bridge hands.

#22 User is offline   rmnka447 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Golf, Soccer

Posted 2019-September-11, 22:23

I wouldn't worry too much about bidding grand on this hand. You should only bid grand if you can count 13 tricks or believe chance of making are something 67+%.

As for the bidding. I think 2 is fine, but would bid 2 even though responder's hand would just qualify for a positive minor response by my lights (5+ to 2 top honors and 2 QTs). It is an absolute minimum positive and takes up a lot of bidding space. It's often right for the weaker hand to get out of the way of the stronger hand and let the big hand tell its story.

After

2 - 2

My response as North would be 3 with xxxx as that's the strain we'll play in. Note we are a full level lower in identifying the fit than if 3 was the first response.

#23 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-September-12, 02:20

It looks like the OP is missing here. Could someone please reinsert it or ask administrators to intervene?

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users