BBO Discussion Forums: "Cannot Redeal" in Solitaire Just Play Bridge (Free) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Cannot Redeal" in Solitaire Just Play Bridge (Free)

#1 User is offline   cardboy70 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-July-03, 04:10

Previously one could click on the redeal button at anytime during bidding or play & get the hand redealt. Now the redeal never works - I always get a "Cannot Redeal" message when I click on the Redeal Button. I am using the Flash version. Is this a bug?

#2 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip

Posted 2019-July-03, 05:42

I posted the same question yesterday in the General BBO discussion forum. I sometimes leave BBO open on my PC throughout the day and when I come back to continue playing after an hour or two the robots have lost interest in the current bidding or game in progress and won't respond (they've probably timed out or something). That's when the redeal really came in handy. Besides that, there are just some games I simply don't want to bid or play and it makes sense to be able to refresh the hands - it is Solitaire after all, so why should that be disallowed?

This is happening in both the Flash and HTML versions.

#3 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip

Posted 2019-July-03, 12:48

FYI, cardboy70, an admin replied to my post in the general forum - this might be a consequence of the Monday night server update. They're looking into it.

#4 User is offline   cardboy70 

• PipPip

Posted 2019-July-03, 18:13

View PostLWK69, on 2019-July-03, 12:48, said:

FYI, cardboy70, an admin replied to my post in the general forum - this might be a consequence of the Monday night server update. They're looking into it.

Thank you for the update.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-July-05, 08:23

We were fixing other places where it allowed redeal when it shouldn't, and accidentally included this as well.

It should be fixed in the next server update, but no current timeline on when that will be.

#6 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip

Posted 2019-September-11, 08:20

View Postbarmar, on 2019-July-05, 08:23, said:

We were fixing other places where it allowed redeal when it shouldn't, and accidentally included this as well.

It should be fixed in the next server update, but no current timeline on when that will be.

Any update on when this will be fixed? Sorry, I have no idea how often the server is updated.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-September-12, 11:18

View PostLWK69, on 2019-September-11, 08:20, said:

Any update on when this will be fixed? Sorry, I have no idea how often the server is updated.

There's no fixed schedule, we do it when necessary for a new feature or we need to fix a serious bug. We've been working on a complex project this summer, so it may be a while before it's ready (the redeal bug isn't critical enough to warrant an emergency update).

#8 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip

Posted 2019-September-14, 10:43

View Postbarmar, on 2019-September-12, 11:18, said:

There's no fixed schedule, we do it when necessary for a new feature or we need to fix a serious bug. We've been working on a complex project this summer, so it may be a while before it's ready (the redeal bug isn't critical enough to warrant an emergency update).

Thanks for the update! It's an annoyance, but definitely not a critical bug.

#9 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-September-14, 20:10

Actually, it turns out that a new server should be coming sooner than I thought. That big project is being broken down into phases, and phase I is just about done.

#10 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip

Posted 2019-October-17, 13:37

View Postbarmar, on 2019-September-14, 20:10, said:

Actually, it turns out that a new server should be coming sooner than I thought. That big project is being broken down into phases, and phase I is just about done.

I hadn't tried redeal while playing Solitaire for a while, but I did today and it worked! Thanks! Much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users