• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ATB?

#41 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-June-07, 02:23

View Postmikeh, on 2019-June-06, 18:47, said:

Oh, why didn’t I think of that. Lho has 3 card support for opener much of the time, but he won’t raise, and partner will never have as many diamonds as clubs, and will have 5 of them and we can so smoothly bid to slam. Wow. That’s so obviously what will happen

I mean, advancer always has KJxxx when he bids 2C. Never, for example, x Qxxxx Jxx 8xxx, and of course, since the opps never bid in your auctions, even I could bid slam!

Really? Lol.

Clearly partner will not have a slam hand most of the time, and you'll play 4, but there's no reason for the responder to have anything, all I was pointing out was that partner doesn't need half the remaining cards in the deck or any spades to have a possible slam hand.

Hell he can have 6 or 7 diamonds to the KJ10 and out and you may never find out if you don't double.

Mike, you're losing it, no reason why opps don't have the 6-2 heart fit they seem to have in the original auction.

#42 User is offline   PhilG007 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Occasional chess player. Dominoes

Posted 2019-June-07, 05:30

View Postneilkaz, on 2019-June-07, 00:08, said:

South needs to bid 4 here,either with his 1st or 2nd or 3rd call. I somewhat prefer to bid it the first time.

You're absolutely and positively right It's all about tactics. And also because in bidding 4 directly,
South gets the hand off his chest in one bid and passes the buck to North as to slam prospects.Posted Image
"It is not enough to be a good player, you must also play well"
- Dr Tarrasch(1862-1934)German Chess Grandmaster

Bridge is a game where you have two opponents...and often three(!)

"Any palooka can take tricks with Aces and Kings; the true expert shows his prowess
by how he handles the two's and three's" - Mollo's Hideous Hog

#43 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2019-June-07, 07:39

View PostCyberyeti, on 2019-June-07, 02:23, said:

Clearly partner will not have a slam hand most of the time, and you'll play 4, but there's no reason for the responder to have anything, all I was pointing out was that partner doesn't need half the remaining cards in the deck or any spades to have a possible slam hand.

Hell he can have 6 or 7 diamonds to the KJ10 and out and you may never find out if you don't double.

Mike, you're losing it, no reason why opps don't have the 6-2 heart fit they seem to have in the original auction.

Lol.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users