• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

new BBO program

#141 User is offline   nob turner 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-September-08, 19:54

Suggestions for the new version:

Now, when you click on the name of another player in your game, you get 3 options: Remove, Remove and Lock Seat, and Get Profile. Instead of putting Remove FIRST, put Get Profile first. That's most likely what we want to do, and that will help us avoid removing players accidenatally.

Once you get a player's profile, it stays active until you click the Close box or hit the Escape key. In the Flash version, it faded out after awhile. That was better.

The HTML version is slower than the Flash version. I hope that can be improved.

#142 User is offline   nob turner 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-September-26, 15:13

more issues:

when someone leaves your table and you check to see where they've gone, they're still listed as being at your table.

not sure if i've posted this one before:

Dummy's trump is shown on the right, at least when your LHO is dummy. that is never done in live bridge. it was never done in the flash version.

#143 User is offline   broze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-September-27, 03:07

I have found the new version fine so far apart from one massive issue which means I will be sticking with the old version until it is changed. In fact, I wonder if it is something I am doing wrong?

Viewing tournament results and hands I've played in the new version is painful. As far as I can see the only way to do this is to select the history tab on the right-hand side. But then the window for clicking through the hands is tiny! Yes I can resize the window but it doesn't increase the size of the board that much and ruins the look. The review hands feature on the old software was perfect.

Sorry if this has already been covered in this thread.
'In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.' - Douglas Adams

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users