BBO Discussion Forums: inverted minors - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

inverted minors 2/1 ACBL

#1 User is offline   dickiegera 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 491
  • Joined: 2009-July-12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 2019-April-25, 16:16







Playing inverted minors what should 4 show and what should 4NT show/ask?


Thank you
0

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,438
  • Joined: 2003-May-14

Posted 2019-April-25, 17:16

Depends totally on partnership agreements. Normally I would play 4nt as natural quantitative, 4c as keycard minorwood (unless I agreed kickback).
It also depends somewhat on what 2nt shows, is this non-forcing 12-13, forcing unlimited, etc., which is also up to agreements.

0

#3 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,927
  • Joined: 2009-July-13
  • Location:England

Posted 2019-April-25, 17:19

Depends what 2N shows, but I'd have thought without agreement if 2N was a weak notrump 4 or 4 should ask aces and 4N should be quantitative.
0

#4 User is offline   spotlight7 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 308
  • Joined: 2009-March-21

Posted 2019-April-25, 19:28

View Postdickiegera, on 2019-April-25, 16:16, said:







Playing inverted minors what should 4 show and what should 4NT show/ask?


Thank you


Without other agreements, I like to use jump raise to suggest partner ask for keycards.


I also strongly suggest Kickback. Bidding one above the trump suit at the 4 level is keycard.


You might also try narrowing the opening ranges. 1m-2m-bidding the next step shows a min. hand

Bidding two steps up is a GF.
0

#5 User is offline   Vampyr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,363
  • Joined: 2009-September-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 2019-April-25, 19:59

View PostStephen Tu, on 2019-April-25, 17:16, said:

Depends totally on partnership agreements. Normally I would play 4nt as natural quantitative, 4c as keycard minorwood (unless I agreed kickback).
It also depends somewhat on what 2nt shows, is this non-forcing 12-13, forcing unlimited, etc., which is also up to agreements.


I do this too, but my 2NT rebid is a strong NT.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein
0

#6 User is online   msjennifer 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,024
  • Joined: 2013-August-03
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Variable private
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2019-April-26, 01:20

View Postdickiegera, on 2019-April-25, 16:16, said:







Playing inverted minors what should 4 show and what should 4NT show/ask?


Thank you

Sir,We play 4C as asking opener to cue bid up-the-line.4D as RKCB .4NT is quantitative.We use exactly the same bids for 1D-2D-2NT sequence.THANKS.
0

#7 User is online   msjennifer 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,024
  • Joined: 2013-August-03
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Variable private
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2019-April-26, 01:25

View PostVampyr, on 2019-April-25, 19:59, said:

I do this too, but my 2NT rebid is a strong NT.

Sir,in that case how does the opener rebid with KQx-QJx-AJx-xxxx after 1C-2C ? Does he bid 3C ? Or is the hand opened 1NT(weak)_
0

#8 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,927
  • Joined: 2009-July-13
  • Location:England

Posted 2019-April-26, 04:36

First question I should have asked, is the inverted minor GF ? and can it conceal 4M ?
0

#9 User is offline   etha 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 2005-August-25

Posted 2019-April-26, 04:53

http://squeezingthed...ted-minors.html
0

#10 User is offline   dickiegera 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 491
  • Joined: 2009-July-12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 2019-April-26, 12:59

View PostCyberyeti, on 2019-April-26, 04:36, said:

First question I should have asked, is the inverted minor GF ? and can it conceal 4M ?



Forcing to 3 and denies 4 card M
0

#11 User is offline   Vampyr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,363
  • Joined: 2009-September-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 2019-April-26, 22:14

View Postmsjennifer, on 2019-April-26, 01:25, said:

Sir,in that case how does the opener rebid with KQx-QJx-AJx-xxxx after 1C-2C ? Does he bid 3C ? Or is the hand opened 1NT(weak)_


The latter.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein
0

#12 User is offline   pes_6 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 24
  • Joined: 2011-March-02

Posted 2019-April-26, 23:18

Although I don't know exactly what mean your rebid 2nt, my opinion is that 4nt is RKC for (second sequence), and (first sequence) 4 take more place for cue-bidding to the farthest 5 if cue-bidding dosen't show good shape for slam.
0

#13 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,438
  • Joined: 2003-May-14

Posted 2019-April-26, 23:33

View Postpes_6, on 2019-April-26, 23:18, said:

Although I don't know exactly what mean your rebid 2nt, my opinion is that 4nt is RKC for (second sequence), and (first sequence) 4 take more place for cue-bidding to the farthest 5 if cue-bidding dosen't show good shape for slam.


4nt as RKC for clubs sucks because it's just too high for safety with a lot of hands; if partner responds above 5c you are in slam. Which is why people use minorwood/kickback. Cue bidding can be started at the 3 level if you aren't using kickback.
0

#14 User is offline   Flinthos 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 2018-April-26
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Groningen, Netherlands
  • Interests:Bridge, bridge and bridge.

Posted 2019-April-27, 09:16

View Postdickiegera, on 2019-April-25, 16:16, said:







Playing inverted minors what should 4 show and what should 4NT show/ask?


Thank you


Despite the strength of 2NT (I prefer (11)12-14 balanced FF1R),I would play 4 as slam-going in clubs. Not asking partner for keycards but simply setting up a forcing auction and letting partner show his controls. I believe it's unnecessary to have a bid to ask for aces this early on in the auction.

Furthermore, I would play 4NT as quantitative.
Bridge is not a game, it's a lifestyle.
0

#15 User is offline   Vampyr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,363
  • Joined: 2009-September-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 2019-April-27, 09:21

View PostFlinthos, on 2019-April-27, 09:16, said:

Despite the strength of 2NT (I prefer (11)12-14 balanced FF1R),I would play 4 as slam-going in clubs. Not asking partner for keycards but simply setting up a forcing auction and letting partner show his controls. I believe it's unnecessary to have a bid to ask for aces this early on in the auction.


Early? You are at the four level.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users