Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Export How to export deals from BBO

#1 User is offline   pouk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-April-21, 10:18

I've seen that some people is having problems converting from .lin to .pbn, witch can be solved by bridge-composer.
But how to export deals from BBO to a .lin-file on my computer? It's probably easy, but i can't se how.
Can anybody help me?

Greetings Poul Kelsaa

#2 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-April-21, 10:34

You can no longer export hands from BBO to your computer.

Hands that you play at a regular table (not bidding room nor teaching table) are available in LIN format through My Hands (http://www.bridgebase.com/myhands/) and Double Dummy Solver (http://bridgecaptain...downloadDD.html) provides an easier interface if you want to download more than one hand and use Windows.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   pouk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-April-21, 10:58

Ok. ***** happens.

My real problem is, that i have made a lot of programming for BBO making hands with specifik rules. f.e. opening 1Nt with Stayman and/or transfer.
I've searched for a program that can create f.e. 100 hands. And i have found none. Then i thought that i could just make them in training-mode and export them for education. Not only on BBO, but also with real cards. But it seems impossible now :-(

#4 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-April-21, 11:09

View Postpouk, on 2019-April-21, 10:58, said:

Ok. ***** happens.

My real problem is, that i have made a lot of programming for BBO making hands with specifik rules. f.e. opening 1Nt with Stayman and/or transfer.
I've searched for a program that can create f.e. 100 hands. And i have found none. Then i thought that i could just make them in training-mode and export them for education. Not only on BBO, but also with real cards. But it seems impossible now :-(

https://henku.home.x...are/dealer.html
Alderaan delenda est

#5 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-April-21, 12:56

View Postpouk, on 2019-April-21, 10:58, said:

Ok. ***** happens.

Many of us (well, in reality, a very, very small percentage of BBO users) find it a little frustrating that we can create Dealer scripts to generate hands within BBO (at a bidding table or teaching table) but not extract them.

We used to be able to do export with the Windows client, unable to do so with the current Flash client for good reason, and doubt it will change with the new HTML5 client. It's the price of progress :)

For 'serious' practice you need to create the hands outside of BBO, convert them to lin format and upload them.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users