BBO Discussion Forums: Substitution Guidelines - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Substitution Guidelines Ability to be substituted into a tournament while playing in a casual

#1 User is offline   juneve 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-March-20, 15:42

I would like to suggest that consideration be given to changing the substitution process so that if a person has signed up to sub in a given tournament that they can be eligible to sub even if they are actively playing in a casual game. This is the way it works if a player is waiting for a tournament to start - they will be pulled into the tournament if they are currently in a casual game. Often I request to sub but would prefer to play while waiting to become eligible to sub instead of watching a blank screen.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-March-24, 01:34

View Postjuneve, on 2019-March-20, 15:42, said:

I would like to suggest that consideration be given to changing the substitution process so that if a person has signed up to sub in a given tournament that they can be eligible to sub even if they are actively playing in a casual game. This is the way it works if a player is waiting for a tournament to start - they will be pulled into the tournament if they are currently in a casual game. Often I request to sub but would prefer to play while waiting to become eligible to sub instead of watching a blank screen.

I think an important difference is that you know when you're going to be pulled if you're signed up as a regular player. When the time is coming close you can warn the other players or leave your seat. That's not possible if you an be taken away as a sub at any random time.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users