• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Both majors

#21 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-March-14, 04:03

View Postmsjennifer, on 2019-March-13, 23:40, said:

Sir.I agree with you.BUT I could not construct a vulnerable hand which could neither open 1C or 3C with a 7 carded suit and now dare wants to compete at the three level on it. As also there is no mention of any 2/1 in the conditions given in the OP.I may humbly mention here that we dislike the 2/1 theory.W e do play the GAZZILLI and other gadgets borrowed from the Super Precision system and encorporated by us in SAYC I have merely stated how we face the problem given in the OP.I have not the slightest intentions to suggest others use it.

Do you open either 1 or 3 with say Ax, xxx, x, AJ10xxxx (maybe even AJ). We would open 1, but many wouldn't particularly if reasonably conservative (I mentioned 2/1 because the conservative opening style is more common with that). I think I would want to bid 3 now I know partner has something.

#22 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2019-March-14, 09:01

View PostCyberyeti, on 2019-March-14, 04:03, said:

Do you open either 1 or 3 with say Ax, xxx, x, AJ10xxxx (maybe even AJ). We would open 1, but many wouldn't particularly if reasonably conservative (I mentioned 2/1 because the conservative opening style is more common with that). I think I would want to bid 3 now I know partner has something.

Sir with two quick tricks 7 losers and a 7 card suit we always open the hand given by you as 1Club.Yes ,we do bid aggressively and we may may not get another opportunity at a safe level both to compete or failing that as lead directional bid.IF we pass just now we WILL NOT compete at three level as even one down doubled will not be advisable against their part game in 3D.3 IMP or a clean zero at Match Point scoring.

#23 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2019-March-14, 09:04

DUPLICATE POST DELETED

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users