• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exporting saved hands Is it possible?

#1 User is offline   zenbiddist 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-March-06, 21:49

Hi there,

Am I able to export saved hands, preferably to BRI, PBN, DLM or LIN?
I have saved about 250 hands (and the play), and I'd like an efficient process to get them into a dealing machine. I'm aware that I can save the play, etc by exporting a handviewer url (very awesome feature).

I'm also wondering if the new BBO (HTML not flash) will still have all the hands I've saved?

Thanks,
John

#2 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-March-07, 03:17

It is rather frustrating. Also that they disappear within a month or two (not sure why - small storage I guess) and the Daylong hands are not available via the Hands web site.

Access them with a query on the Bridge Base hands web site - very painful since you can only get one lin at a time unless you write or use a crawler - I havent had much success downloading in bulk from that site

You can download Double Dummy Solver. That allows you to download a whole month of hands at a time - although its missing the Daylongs I believe. This is the best bulk download I have used

You can access them using Bridge Solver either through a browser or an app on a phone

You can store them each day into folders. Very painstakingly

Hopefully one day the service will be available via the site or third party, including the Daylong hands. Im sure there would be a reasonable demand for it. Downloading a zip file of LIN files would be good

Double Dummy Solve and Bridge Solver are the best I have seen to date

#3 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-March-07, 04:15

It is another feature we lost when we lost the superior old BBO. You also can't watch a vugraph session and then download the hands you watched. You might be able to save them online but you can't then do anything with them except look. You can download them once they get to the vugraph archive if you remember.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-March-07, 15:29

View Postzenbiddist, on 2019-March-06, 21:49, said:

I'm also wondering if the new BBO (HTML not flash) will still have all the hands I've saved?

Yes. One of the advantages of this system over the way it was done in the Windows app is that hands are saved on our server, they're not in files that are specific to the client.

In the HTML version, click on Account, then go to Deal Archive (you may have to widen the sidebar to see this, it's to the right of Convention Cards).

#5 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-March-08, 07:47

Aha what I didn't know but can now see but haven't tested is that the new version will indeed let you export hands now :-)

Hurray good stuff. And you can export hands you have watched on vugraph too.

#6 User is offline   eamongall 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-March-08, 15:22

View Postetha, on 2019-March-08, 07:47, said:

Aha what I didn't know but can now see but haven't tested is that the new version will indeed let you export hands now :-)

Hurray good stuff. And you can export hands you have watched on vugraph too.

I see how to import a lin file ass before but I have not got to the stage of finding how to export a lin file or any file from BBO.
I see how to save hands to BBO folders or Delete a folder or send to another member.
However getting files onto my hard drive seems beyond me and beyond the new trial version of BBO or the flash version

No big deal for me as my old BBO is still functioning

Thanks
Eamon Galligan

#7 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-March-09, 05:07

Yes sorry I saw the export and the save as option and made an assumption. You are correct you still can't save stuff to your hard drive from history or a watched vugraph.

You can download from the vugraph archive and make a lin. I am downloading the Bermuda bowl for example converting it to PBN and loading it into another program so I can play the hands and compare the results.

#8 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-March-11, 12:02

View Postetha, on 2019-March-09, 05:07, said:

Yes sorry I saw the export and the save as option and made an assumption. You are correct you still can't save stuff to your hard drive from history or a watched vugraph.

You can download from the vugraph archive and make a lin. I am downloading the Bermuda bowl for example converting it to PBN and loading it into another program so I can play the hands and compare the results.

You can play the bermuda bowl by going to Casual > Start a table > Start a vugraph table and selecting the match you wish to replay from the deal source options.

#9 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-October-26, 17:35

Tedious and annoying but export the tiny url and cut and paste it into a spreadsheet such as Gdocs or excel - takes about 5 secs and is saved forever. :)
EG This one where I opened 2 as a weak(ish) 2C bid and ended with the robots putting me in a makeable 5C https://tinyurl.com/y5gc6kfb. GIB says -2 but contract made - go figure...
Non legit hoc

#10 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-October-27, 16:25

View Postpilowsky, on 2019-October-26, 17:35, said:

Tedious and annoying but export the tiny url and cut and paste it into a spreadsheet such as Gdocs or excel - takes about 5 secs and is saved forever. :)
EG This one where I opened 2 as a weak(ish) 2C bid and ended with the robots putting me in a makeable 5C https://tinyurl.com/y5gc6kfb. GIB says -2 but contract made - go figure...

Not exactly a tiny url, but it is indeed all there.

Makeable is an overbid, looks like -2 doubled when they have only 1...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users