• You cannot reply to this topic

GIB v GIB

#1 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2019-March-03, 15:18

A variety of Robots complete with humans on Bridgez.com. WBridge5 tends to trounce all-comers. It would be interesting to see how GIB fares against other robots, starting with challenges among various versions of GIB. (Presumably, GIB developers conduct such experiments)

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-March-03, 15:28

View Postnige1, on 2019-March-03, 15:18, said:

A variety of Robots complete with humans on Bridgez.com. WBridge5 tends to trounce all-comers. It would be interesting to see how GIB fares against other robots, starting with challenges among various versions of GIB. (Presumably, GIB developers conduct such experiments)

I would hope that the current GIB "developers" are (better) employed in integrating Argine into the BBO platform.

#3 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-March-05, 13:34

the last time I tested gib against top programs e.g. wbridge and jack, It was losing about an imp a board.

I stopped playing bridgez because wbridge is so annoying to play with e.g. 2nt = both majors reply to stayman amongst other things.

This test was a few years ago but i can't imagine it has changed much. If the robots bring in money for bbo or they want to make them serious I have no idea why they don't make an arrangement with at least one of the top 5 programs. Gib hasn't competed in the world computer championships for ages mainly because it would have no chance.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users