• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The ACBL GCC

#1 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-March-01, 16:56

Hi everyone

I have been playing a few ACBL individual tourneys on here and use the GiB 2/1 CC for robot tourneys obviously.

However yesterday I actually read or tried to read the GCC referred to in Tourney rules. Am I alone in finding it a bit obscure in terminology in places. I am sure it is designed to allow all major conventions and systems but without intending any disrespect to ACBL its quite hard to understand and apply

But I'm sure it covers most accepted CCs so not too worried.

Regards P

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-March-01, 17:03

View Postthepossum, on 2019-March-01, 16:56, said:

I am sure it is designed to allow all major conventions and systems

https://www.youtube....h?v=vS-zEH8YmiM

FWIW, the GCC has been deprecated in favor of http://web2.acbl.org...AttachmentD.pdf

The new convention charts are much better at defining vocabulary
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-March-01, 18:40

Thanks Hrothgar

Regards P

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-March-01, 23:20

From what I've seen on ACBL tournament descriptions, the individual tournaments continue to specify the GCC. Some of the pair tournaments specify the new Open chart.

Maybe somebody at BBO can clarify if/when they will change to the new convention charts for all ACBL tournaments.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-March-02, 22:47

View Postjohnu, on 2019-March-01, 23:20, said:

From what I've seen on ACBL tournament descriptions, the individual tournaments continue to specify the GCC. Some of the pair tournaments specify the new Open chart.

Maybe somebody at BBO can clarify if/when they will change to the new convention charts for all ACBL tournaments.

I don't think the individual tournaments specify any convention chart, since pairs don't have established agreements in the first place.

The ACBL pair tournaments switched from GCC to Open Chart in November.

#6 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-March-08, 15:31

View Postbarmar, on 2019-March-02, 22:47, said:

I don't think the individual tournaments specify any convention chart, since pairs don't have established agreements in the first place.

Under the listing of ACBL Masterpoint Tournaments, if you click on one of the Individual tournaments, the description says "ACBL General Convention Chart applies". On the HTML5 version, it also says ACBL General Convention Chart applies if you click on Details.

Individuals may be the wild west, but it's still possible to have advanced agreements, especially if you happen to get lucky and partner somebody you have played with several sessions or more.

#7 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2019-March-10, 09:51

View Postjohnu, on 2019-March-08, 15:31, said:

Under the listing of ACBL Masterpoint Tournaments, if you click on one of the Individual tournaments, the description says "ACBL General Convention Chart applies". On the HTML5 version, it also says ACBL General Convention Chart applies if you click on Details.

Shocked - descriptions not updated!
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-March-10, 12:11

View Postjohnu, on 2019-March-08, 15:31, said:

Individuals may be the wild west, but it's still possible to have advanced agreements, especially if you happen to get lucky and partner somebody you have played with several sessions or more.

We updated the Speedball descriptions, we forgot to do the same thing for Indies. Although the fleeting partnerships don't generally have detailed enough agreements that it matters what we say there; practically everyone just plays a simple variation of SAYC or 2/1.

But I've asked the person responsible to update it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users