BBO Discussion Forums: Helgemo Suspension - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Helgemo Suspension

#21 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2019-March-04, 16:54

View PostPhantomSac, on 2019-March-04, 15:36, said:

You should check your facts on that one, ritalin and adderall are banned (I don't know all of the other ADD meds but I would guess they all have something in them that is banned also). Some googling shows that amphetamines are banned by WADA = adderall, and methylphenidate is banned by WADA = ritalin, but I also know this from personal experience since I don't take adderall at WBF events lol, and someone I know (who is extremely ADD) tried to get a theraputic exemption with 2 doctors notes and was rejected. Fair enough that they are strict with one of the few things that could actually be performance enhancing in bridge though.

Regarding caffeine...I remember that Lavazza was a sponsor of the world championships in veldhoven and they had espresso stands all over the place for the players and we were all freaked out that we might fail a drug test if we drank it and they told us not to worry lol.

edit: And I see I had the same story mikeh had about coffee, just 5years later!

I was in Veldhoven too: but playing so badly that I have pretty much blotted the event from memory:) Maybe if I'd been drinking the espresso I would have played better? Unfortunately, I don't think so.

I did quit (bridge, not coffee) for 5 years after Veldhoven.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#22 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-November-13, 16:59

This happened 20+ years ago

Disa Eythorsdottir was stripped of a silver medal back in 2002

I agree that this is incredibly stupid (indeed the whole effort to associate with the Olympics is inane).
However, the WBF made a decision on this long long ago...
Alderaan delenda est

#23 User is offline   Douglas43 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Walking, boring my wife with bridge stories

Posted 2020-November-14, 15:07

It doesn't say anything about beer does it? I often like a pint before the last round of a Swiss...

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users