Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you do when on tilt?

#1 User is offline   jamegumb 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-February-25, 21:35

Just did a robot IMPs match where I bid three slams; one was on a finesse that failed. One was scuttled by 3-0 trumps off-side. One was beaten because trumps were 0-4. The latter two make with any other trump split.

Probably I'm only writing this because I'm frustrated, but robot matches have certainly put me on tilt before. What do you all do to get back to/keep yourselves on an even keel?

#2 User is offline   HardVector 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-February-26, 02:11

First you need to establish that the decisions you made were correct according to the information you were given. You always want to review your play and decisions to try and improve. If you have determined that you did the right thing, just keep on doing what you were doing. In the long run, these decisions will win. I personally remember a day I had a 45% game and was grinding my teeth. The people I considered my peers in the room were right with me, though. The winners of the event were players who routinely got 30% games and were stunned when they won. Next week, however, things were back to how they were and they got 35% and I won with 65%. These kind of runs of bad breaks, and non-probable results occur and you just kind of need to roll with it.

#3 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-February-26, 15:57

View Postjamegumb, on 2019-February-25, 21:35, said:

What do you all do to get back to/keep yourselves on an even keel?

Assuming you are paying to play in robot tournaments, I would do the same thing I do when I'm playing poker. Reach into my pocket, pull out a bunch of cash, and pay for another buy-in. :)

Honestly, the things that most upset me are misclicking and turning a top into a bottom, or not paying attention and making a silly play or bid, or GIB going off the rails and having a train crash which gives me a terrible score for no apparent reason. If it affects my concentration, I'll take an extended break, maybe just a couple of hours, maybe a couple of days.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users