BBO Discussion Forums: [False] NEW BBO SOFTWARE REDUCING SUBS TCRS IN TOURNEYS - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[False] NEW BBO SOFTWARE REDUCING SUBS TCRS IN TOURNEYS sub in a paid or club tourney & your TCR completion rate at risk

#1 User is offline   nancylh 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-04, 11:02

My TCR has been lowered by subbing in paid & club tourneys where the director has withdrawn me just before tourney end to replace me in tourney records with the original player.

This is due to programming of the latest BBO software. I have subbed in both paid (ACBL) and free tourneys for about 20 years with no lowering of my 100% TCR rate.

I contacted BBO support and this is their finding:

It turns out that you did not lose connection, but TD replaced you with original player & that resulted in "withdraw" which as consequence have lowered your TCR. This was TD's choice, and they have that right, which most use in paid tournaments and Virtual Clubs. And yes, it resulted as prejudice for you, so it is your choice now to decide if you want to be sub and risk be in same position again.

I then requested reinstatement of my previous 100% TCR. This was the answer: We can not set or change MCR or TCR, they are calculated automatically.

"Automatically" just means "programmed that way".

Since the NEW BBO program was made operational on BBO, this negative for subs has been lowering their TCRs when they sub in, at least, paid games and club tourneys. It may hurt directors needing subs eventually (when players frequently subbing, like I did, realize why their TCRs are being unjustly lowered). Most experienced players do not want to play with robots.

Please consider reprogramming to differentiate between players that withdraw of their own volition, and those that are withdrawn by directors to give credit for subbed boards to the original player.

nancylh (BBO ID)

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-August-04, 12:41

You posted this 3 times.

I answered in one of them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users