BBO Discussion Forums: Explain this to me. Its a disgrace - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Explain this to me. Its a disgrace

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-February-22, 02:59

We are all used to the occasional unlucky or bad bid from Gib

But when you get two consecutive 6D slams in an IMP missed by the Bot through no fault or skill of the souths in a group of tables that makes a total mockery of bridge and this site

We play for this rubbish Bot

I checked everyones bids on all the tables and there was no good reason why half the tables GiB jumped to 6D and on the other half it left people in 3NT

RUBBISH

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-February-22, 03:09

View Postthepossum, on 2019-February-22, 02:59, said:

We are all used to the occasional unlucky or bad bid from Gib

But when you get two consecutive 6D slams in an IMP missed by the Bot through no fault or skill of the souths in a group of tables that makes a total mockery of bridge and this site

We play for this rubbish Bot

I checked everyones bids on all the tables and there was no good reason why half the tables GiB jumped to 6D and on the other half it left people in 3NT

RUBBISH

How many times have people told you something to the approximation of "if you want to learn how to play bridge, don't play with the bots."?

As to the answer to your question, the bots use simulations.
On occasion, minor changes in the auction can cause the bots to make very different judgement calls.

If you want a more detailed explanation, you need to post hands.
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-22, 12:44

The good point about the robots is that they do not mind abuse and take it in their stride. They do not take it personally when you quote their bad bids, even though they may think it was a close decision, and they know they do the right thing more often than the humans they often have to play with.

Real players need more careful handling.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   jamegumb 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-February-22, 14:02

View Postpaulg, on 2019-February-22, 12:44, said:

The good point about the robots is that they do not mind abuse and take it in their stride. They do not take it personally when you quote their bad bids, even though they may think it was a close decision, and they know they do the right thing more often than the humans they often have to play with.

Real players need more careful handling.

For sure. Also to be lauded is the number of times they've seen me make awful plays/bids without any derogatory comments.

Apologies to the OP; have been there (stranded in silly contracts) with the robots.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users