BBO Discussion Forums: Bug report: Android version of game not showing all Robot tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bug report: Android version of game not showing all Robot tournaments

#1 User is offline   strags 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-February-01, 11:00

Folks:

Is there a reason that I can no longer see all of the Robot Tournaments available on BBO via my Android app?

See screenshot -- that's the full extent of Robot games I see on the app, after all the Daylongs are listed up top. No Robot Reward ($1 or $5), no Robot Rebate 55%, no Bingo Reward, etc. Those games aren't offered at all on the app but are available in the desktop version. This behavior only started happening Monday or Tuesday of this week. I just updated the app this morning so I am running the latest version.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-February-03, 10:06

This is unfortunate, but intentional. We had to remove all the tourneys that award BB$ from the Android app. Google decided this violated their prohibition against gambling which includes "games of skill that offer prizes of cash or other value."

Meanwhile, they obviously agree with many of us that masterpoints are worthless. :)

You can use the HTML preview version from a mobile browser, it should have everything.

#3 User is offline   strags 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-February-04, 19:46

Wow. For real? Are they going to shut down Words With Friends popular nightly trivia contest then, because that offers cash prizes? Seems like quite a double standard, because the BBO games only award BBO$.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Very disappointed (and stunned) to hear about that.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-February-05, 09:56

View Poststrags, on 2019-February-04, 19:46, said:

Wow. For real? Are they going to shut down Words With Friends popular nightly trivia contest then, because that offers cash prizes? Seems like quite a double standard, because the BBO games only award BBO$.

Yep, we're not happy about it, either. But that's the reason the app was missing from Google Play for several days last week.

Google is the proverbial 500 lb gorilla of the Internet -- are we really going to argue with them?

#5 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-February-05, 09:59

And if you've ever wondered why there's no button to purchase BB$ in the mobile app, you can thank Apple for that.

Apple and Google make the rules of the mobile app sandbox.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users