Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

slow play

#1 User is offline   655carl 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-January-27, 08:11

It too often happens that one or more players apparently have left the table to attend to some other activity. Waiting for them to come back seems to take an eternity. Especially annoying when that person is the host and the only option for the other players is to leave or wait until BB removes them after several warnings but that takes much too long. I would welcome a change to speed up play. Perhaps a class of non-tournament play similar to the speedball (is that the correct word?) play for some tournaments could be adapted to casual play.

#2 User is offline   scernie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-19, 13:23

Playing in Speedball events, I have sometimes "lost track of time" and failed to realize that if I don't make a bid/play, I will be kicked-off. As I SEE messages that others will be "kicked" if they don't do anything, it would seem that a SOUND (for the guilty party) along with the message would help me to make a play ASAP. If the sound is annoying, it could certainly be a Setting which could be disabled.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-19, 14:25

scernie, on 2020-April-19, 13:23, said:

Playing in Speedball events, I have sometimes "lost track of time" and failed to realize that if I don't make a bid/play, I will be kicked-off. As I SEE messages that others will be "kicked" if they don't do anything, it would seem that a SOUND (for the guilty party) along with the message would help me to make a play ASAP. If the sound is annoying, it could certainly be a Setting which could be disabled.

For almost a decade now I have been complaining about the lack of warning sounds on BBO.
There are sounds for marginal things such as cards played and for more useful things such as new hand dealt or tournament starting, but important things such as YOUR TURN TO PLAY or even YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE KICKED OUT OF THIS TOURNAMENT pass in silence and often with ambiguous actions of the visual UI.
Several other game platforms give warnings as a voice message, but if that is difficult at least a beep seems the minimum.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-19, 15:23

There's nothing that automatically kicks you out of a speedball if you're slow. This is done by the TD on request by the other players at the table. They usually send you a chat message while they're waiting for you, and the TD also does so.

You can enable sound effects, and then there's a beep when it's your turn to bid or play.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-19, 15:30

barmar, on 2020-April-19, 15:23, said:

There's nothing that automatically kicks you out of a speedball if you're slow. This is done by the TD on request by the other players at the table. They usually send you a chat message while they're waiting for you, and the TD also does so.

You can enable sound effects, and then there's a beep when it's your turn to bid or play.

In the Express Free tournaments there certainly is something that automatically kicks you out if you're slow, or simply fail to realise it is your turn to play. And it makes no sound.

Even a Director call makes no sound, as far as I can tell.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-19, 15:46

pescetom, on 2020-April-19, 15:30, said:

In the Express Free tournaments there certainly is something that automatically kicks you out if you're slow, or simply fail to realise it is your turn to play. And it makes no sound.

That's why I was careful to specifically say "speedballs", I wasn't including express tourneys.

As I said, if you enable sound effects you get a beep when it's your turn. I know there are no sounds for chat or director calls.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users