• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how to bid to 6

#1 User is offline   thomas c 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:golf, bridge, opera

Posted 2019-January-23, 18:28

make 7 after a of spades lead. my question is should i have bid 4d? i think the bot should bid 6d holding kq10 of diamonds and j of hearts. second time ive had this happen.
thanx in advance

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2019-January-23, 19:23

thomas c writes "make 7 after a of spades lead. my question is should i have bid 4d? i think the bot should bid 6d holding kq10 of diamonds and j of hearts. second time ive had this happen."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I suppose that over 3N, you could try 4 but it is hard to persuade GIB to co-operate sensibly in slam auctions.
Conversely, when opponents bid a confident 4 and you risk a daring sacrifice in 5, a hitherto somnolent GIB, can wake up and raise to 6 on a load of mince :(

In the Event 15 challenge tournament, however, GIB has a 100% record against me, so who am I to criticize
Playing with a regular partner, the auction might start 1 - 2N - 4 -- assuming that is exclusion or an auto-splinter by agreement.

#3 User is offline   DozyDom 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-24, 06:23

There's no doubt the robot needs to get a clue and show its tremendous diamonds.

#4 User is offline   thomas c 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:golf, bridge, opera

Posted 2019-January-24, 08:43

. yep. this am im playingthe acbl imp tourney and twice my bot partner bid to 6 when im off ak in a cashing suit. one time he jumped from 3s to 6 when i have a void opposite ak. of course the bots know what the other bot has so seem to always lead the correct suit. yes. i know richard doesnt believe this but i think i get the better bot players when i play. im sure they realize richard hasnt figured them oout.
oh well. i keep trying

tom

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users