Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fantasy Grand

#1 User is offline   jammen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-December-22, 14:04

In 7 I receive the Q lead. I see that I can make it with just one ruff if are 3-3, or if trumps are 3-3 with two ruffs in dummy as I can establish the with one ruff. But looking at a combined void and singleton I don't fancy such even splits.

It must be better to hope that the A of is onside. So I pass the KQJ of pitching a and two as both defenders follow. It would have been so much easier if West had just covered with his A.
I now could ruff the fourth round of and make it if they are 4-4, but again 5-3 is more likely and an overruff looms. So I switch gears and cash the A followed by AK of trumps. Everyone has followed suit so I try the King pitching a club as both follow. On the Q I pitch a as does West.

I lead a trump back to my hand as West pitches a . Now the last trump squeezes West in and as it pulls Easts last trump. The full hand:

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2018-December-22, 15:46

Jammen writes "In 7 I receive the Q lead. I see that I can make it with just one ruff if are 3-3, or if trumps are 3-3 with two ruffs in dummy as I can establish the with one ruff. But looking at a combined void and singleton I don't fancy such even splits.It must be better to hope that the A of is onside. So I pass the KQJ of pitching a and two as both defenders follow. It would have been so much easier if West had just covered with his A. I now could ruff the fourth round of and make it if they are 4-4, but again 5-3 is more likely and an overruff looms. So I switch gears and cash the A followed by AK of trumps. Everyone has followed suit so I try the King pitching a club as both follow. On the Q I pitch a as does West. I lead a trump back to my hand as West pitches a . Now the last trump squeezes West in and as it pulls Easts last trump. The full hand:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well guessed :)
I'd lead a 4th in an attempt to ruff out A
When LHO followed low, however, I would ruff with K,
That would be my 13th trick, if trumps had broken.
But since trumps are 4-2, I would go down. :(

#3 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2018-December-22, 20:45

My nice hand for the Xmas period: A Moysian grand, a ruffing finesse, and a squeeze to finish. Thanks for sharing.

#4 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2018-December-23, 00:19

SIR jammen,Absolutely beautifully wonderful hand with a moysian fit ,no 3-3 break in trumps and not very favourable distribution.Thanks a lot.

#5 User is offline   jammen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-December-23, 12:10

View Postnige1, on 2018-December-22, 15:46, said:

Jammen writes "In 7 I receive the Q lead. I see that I can make it with just one ruff if are 3-3, or if trumps are 3-3 with two ruffs in dummy as I can establish the with one ruff. But looking at a combined void and singleton I don't fancy such even splits.It must be better to hope that the A of is onside. So I pass the KQJ of pitching a and two as both defenders follow. It would have been so much easier if West had just covered with his A. I now could ruff the fourth round of and make it if they are 4-4, but again 5-3 is more likely and an overruff looms. So I switch gears and cash the A followed by AK of trumps. Everyone has followed suit so I try the King pitching a club as both follow. On the Q I pitch a as does West. I lead a trump back to my hand as West pitches a . Now the last trump squeezes West in and as it pulls Easts last trump. The full hand:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well guessed :)
I'd lead a 4th in an attempt to ruff out A
When LHO followed low, however, I would ruff with K,
That would be my 13th trick, if trumps had broken.
But since trumps are 4-2, I would go down. :(

That sounds like a better line of play. I titled this Fantasy Grand because I didn't play it, it somehow popped into my head during a long drive.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users