BBO Discussion Forums: C/D slam interest over partner opens 1NT - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

C/D slam interest over partner opens 1NT

#21 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-December-16, 22:02

In terms of good bidding, SAYC is "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".

I'd go so far as to say that when considering who a bid should be used, look at what SAYC does and then play whatever convention is farthest from.

#22 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2018-December-30, 17:59

SIRS,From all the artificial things which have been suggested the OP must have rightly concluded that there is no SIMPLE AND NATURAL way to investigate a slam in a minor suit (more particularly the Club suit).Since tthe opportunity to use the 4C bid as Gerber for Aces very very rarely arises in ones lifetime ,it is better to forget it and treat it as natural asking partner to Cue up-the-line. with club the agreed suit and 4D bid used for investigating a slam in Diamonds.This understanding is a simple one with no artificiality involved ..I am sure it will be easy for any one to explain to any new partner in a line or two.Please bear in mind that I am not making any comments whatsoever on the various different treatments all suggested in good faith by the other friends.WISHING ALL A HAPPY HEAlTHFUL NEW YEAR 2019.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users