BBO Discussion Forums: RIP Peggy Dunkle (Slamdunk7), friend and mentor - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RIP Peggy Dunkle (Slamdunk7), friend and mentor An on-line memorial for a great lady!

#1 User is offline   TaylorSp 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-December-03, 13:57

Peggy Dunkle (Slamdunk7)has passed away, and I feel the need to say something here about such a wonderful person, friend, and mentor. :( :unsure:

I met Peggy on BBO in 2012, when I was in a nowhere job and really unhappy. I met her somehow on BBO, and she offered to teach me and play with me. She was always so patient, kind, and welcoming, and it was through her that I met so many nice bridge players. Also, my game greatly improved. She was an excellent player and teacher. Over the past 6 years I moved all around the world, and would always check in with her on BBO. She was unfailingly positive, kind, and so fun! Such a lovely human being! In 2014 I visited her in southern Indiana and we played in a sectional and earned some gold points and then went and celebrated at a local Cracker Barrel! We had a lovely day! I always promised myself and her I would return and visit her again, but I was never able to do so and now she is gone. I am very sad, and I know her many, many friends on BBO and in her local club will miss her.

Make sure you tell your loved ones you love them and often! I wish I would have had a chance to say that to my friend Peggy!

Best wishes,

Taylor Spence (TaylorSp)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users