BBO Discussion Forums: GIB'S 3-CLUB CALL - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB'S 3-CLUB CALL see definition

#1 User is offline   zhasbeen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:bridge, running, spectator sports, excel, keeping track of all kinds of stuff

Posted 2018-November-18, 09:39

GIB continues to outdo itself, coming up with newer ways to confound players. After more than 3,000 tournaments I hadn't see this one before:

http://tinyurl.com/ybrjwtx5

While I got a good score this time it was enough for to make me pass on the NABC Invididual that starts tomorrow. It could have easily gone the other way, and it left me with a little less confidence in GIB than the day before. He just keeps chipping away. It is a pattern that has continued since I started 18 months ago. If this, one of GIB's wild leaps to slam, being left in a 4-1 fit, etc., happened in the middle of a 72-board tournament it would be very unsettling. It's bad enough if it is only a 12-board match.

I know it's the same for everyone, and the way I've stuck with it this long is to constantly remind myself of that. In the long run it has little, if any effect on matchpoint scores. However, you know there is something wrong when you have a good score, or even a win, and feel like you've been beaten with a stick.
Yet, BBO management won't even throw us bone. The last I heard they are sticking with GIB for the foreseeable future. No only that, but it should be clear to everyone that it can not be fixed. I know there are better robots out there and I'm sure that they are not cheap. However, if BBO could so much as acknowledge that there is a problem and/or that they are looking into a solution it would be better than what I've seen thus far.

33 days and counting for me...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users