• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-September-27, 00:26

How do you handle this?

#2 User is offline   Kungsgeten 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-27, 03:11

My suggestion over P/C bids in competitive auction is to act as the P/C bid is actually the suit they have. This is especially true when in a GF auction. If you play pass/double inversion, then perhaps:

Pass = Penalty of 3H, or flexible hand that don't want partner to pass a take-out double. Partner doubles if he'd have passed a penalty double.
Dbl = Take-out.
4H = Club raise, short hearts.
else = Natural.

So if you had hearts here you'd pass, and if they correct to 3S then you could bid again. It may not be optimal, but seems reasonable to me.

So with the actual hand I'd pass, and over partner's expected double I'd bid 3S (or perhaps 4D, but 3S makes it easier for partner to rebid clubs). This should indicate spades and diamonds, and for some reason I didn't want partner to pass a take-out double.

#3 User is offline   HardVector 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-October-06, 12:29

View PostTrick13, on 2018-September-27, 00:26, said:

How do you handle this?

Partner's 3c bid was game forcing, so you shouldn't be in a great hurry to take an action. 3h was pass or correct, you are assuming a pass...what if he corrects? I'd pass, see what happens. If he passes, partner is forced to so something. After 3c, you are not selling out to something undoubled. If he passes, you need to have a conversation about that. If 3h is passed to partner, and he doubles, I'm not sitting for it, I'd probably bid 3s. If they correct to 3s, I think you know what to do with that.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users