• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New different Private clubs

#1 User is offline   dosxtres 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-10, 16:08

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this issue has been addressed before. I searched, but everything I found were old stuff.
I sadly think that things will change when this nightmare had gone and can last for some long time.

I've been here for a long time and I knew that BBO private and public clubs. I must confess I'm still using the very old interface, sorry, I like it much more.

It's a possibility that real games will not be makeable for months. I think people that play chess, go, bridge, etc.... will need to create Virtual clubs supporting the real ones, if they want to see each other at the table.

I only use BBO for bridge so I don't know if this feature is already done anywhere.

So this are my two cents...

IMHO, we will need a place to create a Private Club. BBO/Facebook/Whataspp/Telegram/Whatever
I'm not talking about the old "thing" to play on BBO that was always empty.

We will need a way to find "Our local club".

Lets say you navigate to "Private Clubs/Continent/Country/Region/City/My club
Even pepople themselves, could add proper Region/City as needed.

So, I think that place need just a panel to watch news.. maybe results, schedules..a virtual-hall.
And some way to add/remove administrators and users.

So, any TD who can create a tourney, in the regular way, could opt for "It is for that club", and a list is not needed anymore.
That would allow to continue with the "new-reality" and there are space to the regular bridge online.

Thank you
Kind Regards,

Leandro Ronderos.

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-10, 16:37

This is being deployed as we speak.

However, rather than deal with invividual clubs, BBO is setting up deals with Federations.

For example: VACB<number> host is running a tournament for the club identified by <number>.
You can check in Viirtual Clubs (sorry, menu not available in the Very Old Client you use)

Please contact the FEB, tell them to contact BBO, to set up one of these tournaments.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users