Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wrong board in the club teams EBU

#1 User is offline   VixTD 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-September-21, 03:31

I was the playing director in the club teams last night. We had six teams, so played a five-round Thurner movement with five-board rounds. In this movement, the highest-numbered table plays head-to-head matches with a different team each round, sharing boards, while the other teams play each other in staggared fashion.

I took the South position at table 6, as usual, to give myself the job of finding and moving the boards.

All went well until we came to play boards 16-20 against team 3. We played 19 and 20, while table 3 played 16-18. I took our played boards to their table and collected their two played boards. It was only after we had finished bidding the first of these that I realised it was board 15 from the previous round, which hadn't been moved on.

How do I sort this out?

#2 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-21, 03:52

View PostVixTD, on 2018-September-21, 03:31, said:

I was the playing director in the club teams last night. We had six teams, so played a five-round Thurner movement with five-board rounds. In this movement, the highest-numbered table plays head-to-head matches with a different team each round, sharing boards, while the other teams play each other in staggared fashion.

I took the South position at table 6, as usual, to give myself the job of finding and moving the boards.

All went well until we came to play boards 16-20 against team 3. We played 19 and 20, while table 3 played 16-18. I took our played boards to their table and collected their two played boards. It was only after we had finished bidding the first of these that I realised it was board 15 from the previous round, which hadn't been moved on.

How do I sort this out?

Try Law 86B. (For pair and individual events you have Law 15B)

#3 User is offline   VixTD 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-21, 10:07

View Postpran, on 2018-September-21, 03:52, said:

Try Law 86B. (For pair and individual events you have Law 15B)

What's wrong with 86A?

#4 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-21, 11:54

View PostVixTD, on 2018-September-21, 10:07, said:

What's wrong with 86A?

Nothing,
except that Law 15B applies to Wrong Board Discovered During Auction or Play Period4
which on it's face is the case here.
And the footnote (4) refers explicitly to Law 86B. Anyway I don't really see how Law 86A can solve anything here?

#5 User is offline   VixTD 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-24, 10:36

View Postpran, on 2018-September-21, 11:54, said:

Nothing,
except that Law 15B applies to Wrong Board Discovered During Auction or Play Period4
which on it's face is the case here.
And the footnote (4) refers explicitly to Law 86B. Anyway I don't really see how Law 86A can solve anything here?

Sorry, it would have been clearer if I'd said law 6D3, which is referred to in law 86A.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users