• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make 6 spades

#21 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-September-21, 10:45

View PostTramticket, on 2018-September-21, 09:22, said:

A 4NT opening (asking for specific aces) is a bid that I never make at the table - but often seem to make in discussion forums.

My question was to msjennifer about the responder in the OP hand.

But yes opener in your hand might like to use 4nt, although he needs an unusual version as he lacks three aces of which only two of interest. We would have bid 1S 2D.

#22 User is offline   RD350LC 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-September-21, 16:06

View Postperfectbid, on 2018-September-21, 00:50, said:

play A, K and drop A on K. run Q discarding a if East does not cover.
I agree with this mostly, but in my view, it does not matter if East does cover. I still would discard a club-and two more on the other hearts.

#23 User is offline   mlbridge 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-September-21, 20:33

One basically count to 12 and then realized the need to throw away the A of Hearts.

I personally will never find the line in real time.

#24 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2018-September-22, 09:15

View Postpescetom, on 2018-September-21, 03:27, said:

Out of interest, after a 1S opening would you force to game with North hand?

As a matter of fact ,although there is a Qxx support and 13 HCP there are 8 losers and there are no ruffing values allso.The game can be there if S has 6 or less losers.He has not opened 1NT and so if he has a normal 5332 hand and 7 losers 4S may not make.Playing Precision a response of 1NT is .one round forcing followed by 3S the next round.Playing Standard we bid 2D and follow with 2/3/4 S depending on openers rebid.I can not for sure say what will be the bidding by a pair which plays gadget like Gazzilli.In the present South hand there are four losers and the slam will duly be reached.This apart one has to play with the field and so a bid of 2NT by N is quite acceptable as with 13 HCP every other pair is almost certain to bid some game.

#25 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-22, 09:30

View Postgordontd, on 2018-September-21, 09:59, said:

Wouldn't be such a great contract if the reason for not leading a spade was not having one.:)

True but in reality they split, am going to be in 7 or 7N, not making either if they're 4-0

#26 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-22, 10:47

View Postmsjennifer, on 2018-September-22, 09:15, said:

As a matter of fact ,although there is a Qxx support and 13 HCP there are 8 losers and there are no ruffing values allso.The game can be there if S has 6 or less losers.He has not opened 1NT and so if he has a normal 5332 hand and 7 losers 4S may not make....omissis... Playing Standard we bid 2D and follow with 2/3/4 S depending on openers rebid.

Thanks, that's what I expected you to say and what one of my partners would say too: but for us 2D is a game force and so he would probably avoid it. It's a controversial evaluation and I think worthy of note.

#27 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-22, 11:26

View Postmsjennifer, on 2018-September-22, 09:15, said:

As a matter of fact ,although there is a Qxx support and 13 HCP there are 8 losers and there are no ruffing values allso.The game can be there if S has 6 or less losers.He has not opened 1NT and so if he has a normal 5332 hand and 7 losers 4S may not make.Playing Precision a response of 1NT is .one round forcing followed by 3S the next round.Playing Standard we bid 2D and follow with 2/3/4 S depending on openers rebid.I can not for sure say what will be the bidding by a pair which plays gadget like Gazzilli.In the present South hand there are four losers and the slam will duly be reached.This apart one has to play with the field and so a bid of 2NT by N is quite acceptable as with 13 HCP every other pair is almost certain to bid some game.

Err playing precision this is a clear cut 1 opener, so this doesn't apply.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users