• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blackwood issues

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-September-08, 14:26

Hi all

I've been playing GIB for several weeks. On a number of occasions there have been misunderstanding on what the Trump suit is when I thought it had been clearly determined. This has led on two occasions when the robot has bit 0 or 3 key cards when only two were outstanding. Of course this leads to missing small and grand slams. Anyone else had problems with GIB and Blackwood.

Thanks P

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-08, 14:34

If you hover the cursor over a 4NT Blackwood bid, the description should say Blackwood with the agreed on suit in parenthesis (ie for spades, you should see Blackwood (S) in the description).

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-08, 14:35

Nope - this is one thing GIB tends to get right. If you post a link to the hands (finding the hand under My BBO - Hands and Results, and then going to Export deal - Handviewer link), perhaps we can help clear up what you're missing.

Note that the suit is mentioned in the description of the bid too.

#4 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-09, 19:56

View Postsmerriman, on 2018-September-08, 14:35, said:

Nope - this is one thing GIB tends to get right. If you post a link to the hands (finding the hand under My BBO - Hands and Results, and then going to Export deal - Handviewer link), perhaps we can help clear up what you're missing.

Note that the suit is mentioned in the description of the bid too.

Hi

Thanks. I will double check hat if I can find the hand. It must have thought it suit was the agreed suit. But I'm fairly sure that when I hovered over my 4NT it was my suit. I always check that. Maybe my problems were in some earlier hands. I am still getting used to GIB after a few weeks. Starting to get used to it but its let me down on a few tournament hands. Start another thread on that. Sorry I probably cant find the Blackwood one. It probably was my error as you point out. Thanks

regards Possum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users