BBO Discussion Forums: Just declare challenges, claiming bots and some other ideas to improve the BBO experience - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just declare challenges, claiming bots and some other ideas to improve the BBO experience

#1 User is offline   stepihunt 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-September-06, 02:23

Hi! I have some ideas to improve (at least my own) BBO experience.

a) I Would love to have a just declare format of challenges on BBO for both IMPs and MPs

b) I wish there was an option for making bots claim all the tricks, when they have all the tricks.

c) Weekly overall scoring for daily tournaments. It would make me and hopefully others more competitive and willing to play through a failed daily tournament and not quit even if daily starts off with some stupid mistakes in the first few boards. I and I know few others who just ragequit the tournament and don't want their BBO firends to see their 38% result. Also would be fun to compete like that

d) Some sort of monthly subscription (say 5 USD a month) for access to some of the already existing formats and even my suggested ones would be nice as well.
At the moment I feel as if I don't want to invest in BBO$, but with monthly subscription that gives me more interesting options to try out, I'd be willing to pay to play.

#2 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-September-11, 09:03

View Poststepihunt, on 2018-September-06, 02:23, said:

a) I Would love to have a just declare format of challenges on BBO for both IMPs and MPs

This is a great idea, love this! Personally, I'd make it "declare or defend", just let the robots bid, but that's minor details. I think robot tourneys are a great test of skills, except where you have to exploit their flaws in the bidding by making fake game tries, ridiculous 1N openings etc.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-September-11, 09:11

JD challenges are coming soon.

Changes to the claim process are harder.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users