• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playing with trumps 5-5

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-August-30, 08:36

View Postmaartenxq, on 2018-August-29, 02:36, said:

But nevertheless you like gloating about it in this chat.

It's not gloating, just passing on an amusing incident. We all do it, sometimes about our own screw-ups, sometimes about the opponents'. It's inappropriate to accuse him of anything more than this.

OTOH, there isn't really anything "interesting" about this, so the whole thread is a bit unnecessary. People have bidding misunderstandings all the time, and sometimes they're disastrous. This week at the club I got a score I don't think I've seen before, -770, when I mistook my partner's takeout double for penalty: 3X making 6 when we could have made 3. We could have held them to 5, but it would still have been the same bottom.

Every time I make a splinter bid, especially with a new partner, there's that naggling worry in the back of my mind that partner will take it as natural.

#22 User is offline   661_Pete 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-August-30, 11:17

Just to set the record straight, the 'situation' I referred to in my OP happened in live bridge - I only rarely play online nowadays. Of course we commiserated with declarer and his partner, after the hand. What could we say? It's amusing only in retrospect - not at the time.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users