BBO Discussion Forums: Forcing to game when spades is the fourth suit - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forcing to game when spades is the fourth suit

Poll: Forcing to game when spades is the fourth suit (20 member(s) have cast votes)

what is your bid

1. 1!S (9 votes [45.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

2. 2!S (11 votes [55.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2018-August-10, 18:58

View Postpescetom, on 2018-August-10, 11:06, said:

It looks premature to exclude a slam - partner could still have 17 HCP and you have no shortage of controls.
4H bid does not necessarily exclude a slam as opener now knows that responder is confident to bid 4H even facing a poor 11/12 HCP. and with the possibility of 1C a prepared bid.

#22 User is offline   RD350LC 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-August-15, 20:04

View Postmsjennifer, on 2018-August-10, 18:34, said:

My bid over 1H is 4H.Shows a 7loser hand with good support.Opener had S-xxxx,,H-KQxx,D-Kx,C-KQx. Over partners 1/2 Spade over 1H .what is he supposed to bid? 1S—1NT/2S ? And 2S—3S/2NT,? one does not get any nformation by bidding 1/2S unless it’s a fixed partnership .Isnt it?Please correct me If vice versa.As also how do you propose to continue after any of the above responses by opener over 1S/2S ?

I agree with this-though a lot of people do not. Over 1 I would make the simple bid of 4 . Playing partner for a perfect minimum is one thing. Playing partner for a perfect maximum is not good bridge-it is greed.
As he puts it, you run into a rebid problem if partner makes a fourth suit forcing bid.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users