BBO Discussion Forums: Basic Robots vs Advanced - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Basic Robots vs Advanced

#1 User is offline   zhasbeen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:bridge, running, spectator sports, excel, keeping track of all kinds of stuff

Posted 2018-July-26, 14:08

What are differences between basic and advanced robots?

I'm particularly interested in ACBL sanctioned individual with 3 robots and 1 human at each table. Do the daily tournaments use the same robots as NABC 3-day tournaments?

#2 User is offline   wcneumann 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-July-26, 19:59

View Postzhasbeen, on 2018-July-26, 14:08, said:

What are differences between basic and advanced robots?

I'm particularly interested in ACBL sanctioned individual with 3 robots and 1 human at each table. Do the daily tournaments use the same robots as NABC 3-day tournaments?

I believe the advanced robots are used for the thrice-yearly NABC event, $1.25 ACBL Instant Games and the $.25 BBO Instant Games, and perhaps the Daily BBO games that score across the entire field. Almost anything that's free uses the Basic Robots. I believe the primary difference between the robot types is the analysis depth used in computing bids and plays. Much less "thought" goes into what the Basic Robot do. Hope this helps.

#3 User is offline   zhasbeen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:bridge, running, spectator sports, excel, keeping track of all kinds of stuff

Posted 2018-July-27, 08:16

[quote name='wcneumann' timestamp='1532656746' post='956452']
I believe the advanced robots are used for the thrice-yearly NABC event, $1.25 ACBL Instant Games and the $.25 BBO Instant Games, and perhaps the Daily BBO games that score across the entire field. Almost anything that's free uses the Basic Robots. I believe the primary difference between the robot types is the analysis depth used in computing bids and plays. Much less "thought" goes into what the Basic Robot do. Hope this helps.
[/quote

thanks WC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users