• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Friends and other Options

#1 User is offline   jazzek 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-June-30, 16:31

Hi!

I have just discovered that we have Friends panel of people who agreed to be Friends, and we have panel of people who we think are worth of watching them but they did not make shakehand and did not make us friends or they even do not know that we are watching them. In fact I even do not know how to tell it in English because I know only Polish version of its name (it is translated into Polish in my window). I suppose it is Watched panel.

And what about the third panel - the people who are watching us? If I watch a man (or a woman) why he/she does not have right to see who is watching?

And I would also like to know who is watching me.

Greetings, jazzek from Poland.

#2 User is offline   BabsG 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-30, 18:29

Hi jazzek

There are 4 tabs at the top of the right hand side - Friends, Hosts, Stars and Kibitzers

Under the Friends tab there are 2 sections: Friends (people you made a friend and they have also made you a friend)
Following (people who you like to watch but have not made you a friend)

The Host tab lists all the people who can provide BBO help if you need it. They are called "Yellows". If you need help you can click on one of the names and send a private message.

The Stars tab is all the BBO stars that are logged in at the moment.

The Kibitzer tab lists all the BBO members that are watching the table that you are either playing or watching. If you are playing and want to know who is watching you, you can click on the Kibitzer tab and it will list their names.

There are all sorts of gadgets you can use to sort members (by name, by status or by category (if you have members colour coded).

Hope that helps.

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2018-June-30, 20:43

Jazzek makes a good point.
You should be able to tell if someone if following you.
This may actually be a security concern but admittedly a bit of a stretch.
I do know of users who were uneasy of other players and that they could be followed by other players creapped them out.

If you are both following each other you can tell.
You should be able to prevent someone from following you.

It is true even if you are invisible someone can see you if they can find where you are playing.
Also, you can tell someone is online even if invisible but player will know you have checked.
So security is not designed to be complete.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#4 User is offline   jazzek 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-July-03, 12:12

View PostBabsG, on 2018-June-30, 18:29, said:

Hi jazzek

There are 4 tabs at the top of the right hand side - Friends, Hosts, Stars and Kibitzers

Under the Friends tab there are 2 sections: Friends (people you made a friend and they have also made you a friend)
Following (people who you like to watch but have not made you a friend)

The Host tab lists all the people who can provide BBO help if you need it. They are called "Yellows". If you need help you can click on one of the names and send a private message.

The Stars tab is all the BBO stars that are logged in at the moment.

The Kibitzer tab lists all the BBO members that are watching the table that you are either playing or watching. If you are playing and want to know who is watching you, you can click on the Kibitzer tab and it will list their names.

There are all sorts of gadgets you can use to sort members (by name, by status or by category (if you have members colour coded).

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the answer. Now I know it is Following not Watched.

But my main answer was not answered. Why I can not know who is following me? And why a person I am following does not know this?

I was afraid that I have missed something. But, I knew Yellows, I knew Kibitzers. And still I do not know my Followers.

Hope that helps.

#5 User is offline   jazzek 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-July-07, 16:08

So I have got that BBO is not interested in adding panel "Following you" and there is an answer:

You can add any player as "Followed" and you can see if he/she follows you - in this case you will become "Friends".

jazzek

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-July-08, 14:15

View Postjazzek, on 2018-July-07, 16:08, said:

You can add any player as "Followed" and you can see if he/she follows you - in this case you will become "Friends".

Right. If you want to know if a specific player is following you, you can find out like this.

You can't find out all the players that are following you. It's not clear why you'd need to know this, other than curiosity. Unless you're someone famous, you're not likely to have lots of followers that you don't know.

#7 User is offline   jazzek 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-July-09, 15:29

View Postbarmar, on 2018-July-08, 14:15, said:

Right. If you want to know if a specific player is following you, you can find out like this.

You can't find out all the players that are following you. It's not clear why you'd need to know this, other than curiosity. Unless you're someone famous, you're not likely to have lots of followers that you don't know.

Thank you for the answer!

Do it yourself?

I am proud of my discovery. But in fact all I want is just some lines in code that make the job. And I am really surprised how my old friend barmar is surprised that I would like to know who is following me?

I could and I can compare bridge partners to love partners. How could you do not want to know who is loving you?

Greetings, jazzek

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-July-10, 08:58

View Postjazzek, on 2018-July-09, 15:29, said:

I could and I can compare bridge partners to love partners. How could you do not want to know who is loving you?

Followers are more like fans, not lovers. Do you think George Clooney needs to know everyone who loves his movies?

#9 User is offline   jazzek 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-July-10, 16:45

View Postbarmar, on 2018-July-10, 08:58, said:

Followers are more like fans, not lovers. Do you think George Clooney needs to know everyone who loves his movies?

I am not sure what George Clonney needs but I am sure what I need!

#10 User is offline   jazzek 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-July-13, 15:18

View Postbarmar, on 2018-July-10, 08:58, said:

And as I know why I want to see these followers I can not understand why BBO does not want to let me know. A reason?

Greetings, jazzek

#11 User is offline   jazzek 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-July-25, 18:09

View Postjazzek, on 2018-July-13, 15:18, said:

And as I know why I want to see these followers I can not understand why BBO does not want to let me know. A reason?

Greetings, jazzek

And still no answer. Maybe a link to CEO?

#12 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-July-26, 09:18

View Postjazzek, on 2018-July-25, 18:09, said:

And still no answer. Maybe a link to CEO?

We take suggestions and consider them for the future. We don't generally comment on them until we decide to do something.

#13 User is offline   jazzek 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-July-27, 18:10

View Postbarmar, on 2018-July-26, 09:18, said:

We take suggestions and consider them for the future. We don't generally comment on them until we decide to do something.

Thank you very much! Hoping for the right decision!

#14 User is offline   psyck 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Reading, Music, Travelling, Movies.

Posted 2018-December-05, 06:55

It is quite common in other forums to see who is following you, get notifications when someone follows you etc.

I can see it being useful here too, quite often I may miss adding someone to my friends list, but if I can a list of people who are following me, I may want to follow some of them back so that they get into my friends list.
Cheers, Krishna.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users