• You cannot reply to this topic

Play 3NT

#1 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-April-12, 05:29

IMPs, both vul. 1NT = 15-18

Lead is H7 and East plays the H10. If you duck the first round, East continues with HQ as South throws D2 (reverse attitude).

ahydra

#2 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-April-12, 19:19

I see zero benefit to ducking the first heart since I might all too easily need my 3rd heart to throw east in to lead away from the spade K. The opening bid makes it a virtual lock that rho has the dia A and spa K so I am completely unconcerned with lho ever getting on lead again. I do not have the entries to find out how many club winners I have so I am forced to try for 3c 2d 2h 2s and if clubs happen to break hope I can make an overtricks. Lho rates to have the majority of diamonds in most and that makes them a prime candidate to hold the dia J. So I will hold my breath and at trick 2 lead a low dia toward the T. I will be ready to apologize to poor partner when it loses to dia AJ (while we had 4 club tricks all along and were ice cold for 3n).

#3 User is offline   Dinarius 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-April-13, 13:39

I hope that East has the outstanding 13 points. If so, ♦️9 is a huge card. I think also that you have to assume ♣️ are 3/3.

I win ❤️ lead and play a ♦️ to the K.

East wins and returns a heart. I win and play ♣️ to dummy and run ♦️10. If East covers, I wind and test ♣️. If they don’t break, I throw E in with a ❤️.

Make sense?

D.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users