• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Houston Regionals

#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-January-29, 10:16

Today Houston Regionals starts at 2.30 pm central.
Whole week I am playing with Richard Pavlicek. Wednesday our very own Phil Clayton will join us for teams partnering with Ira Chorush.
Also I am so happy that I will finally meet Justin Lall in person, he is coming too.
I think we will have fun, wish me luck people! :)
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2018-January-29, 14:49

View PostMrAce, on 2018-January-29, 10:16, said:

Today Houston Regionals starts at 2.30 pm central.
Whole week I am playing with Richard Pavlicek. Wednesday our very own Phil Clayton will join us for teams partnering with Ira Corush.
Also I am so happy that I will finally meet Justin Lall in person, he is coming too.
I think we will have fun, wish me luck people! :)

Too bad you couldn't find anyone decent to play with you. :P
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#3 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-29, 17:34

Great team, no wonder Justin didn't make the cut!
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-January-29, 23:48

Posted Image

Richard and me at "outback steak house" after playing a % 56 single session, finishing 1st in our section and direction but not good overall.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-January-29, 23:51

My ex partner Tokay and his new partner (not as good as me :P) Alfredo! They are here too! Teams will be tuff but that's what we like, don't we? :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-January-30, 20:11

We won the overall MP event (2 session) today with Richard and %64 average (%71 and %57 if i remember correctly)

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-January-30, 20:13

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2018-January-31, 19:29

Looks like you're having fun. Good luck!
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-January-31, 23:35

View Postblackshoe, on 2018-January-31, 19:29, said:

Looks like you're having fun. Good luck!

Thanks! I am indeed having fun.

We won today's 2 session MP event as well. It was not big score like yesterday but %59.86 and %59.80 was enough to be 1st overall.

#10 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-February-01, 20:38

Timo is on a spree..
Timo is on rampage....
Timo is UNSTOPPABLE!!
Timo is GODLIKE!!!!!! Posted Image:P

Joke aside, i been winning the 3rd day on row! And that is also my birthday!! This time we played the top bracket swiss teams (there were 17 brackets)...Results.

1-PAVLICEK (Richard Pavlicek, Timucin Erkoc, Ira Chorush, Phil Clayton) 114 VP.

2-GRUE (Joe Grue, Justin Lall, Brad Moss, Gillian Miniter) 97 VP

3-MILNER (Reese Milner, Nancy Passel, Petra Hamman, Hemant Lall) 89 VP

4-HOLLMAN (Robert Hollman, Bruce Ferguson, Mike Passel, Geoff Hampson) 78 VP

5-RIVERS (Loretta Rivers,Mike Cappalletti, Dave Swarthout, Donna Swarthout) 73 VP

6-KOVACHEV (Valentin Kovachev, Karin Kelsey, Jacob Morgan, Carole Liss) 72 VP

7-MAHAFFEY (Jim Mahaffey, Sam Lev, Alfredo Versace, Mustafa Cem Tokay, Daniel Lev) 67 VP

8-DIVAKARUNI ( Sudhakar Divakaruni, Venkatrao Koneru, David Grainger, Greg Hinze) 66 VP

9- MORSE (Dan Morse, Tom Breed, Ron La Cour, Gil Micheletti) 64 VP

Out of 8 matches we lost only 1 match by 4 imps to Justin and his team.

#11 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2018-February-02, 14:53

Well done!
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#12 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-02, 15:07

You should test yourself against serious competition Timo!
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#13 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2018-February-02, 15:23

I was gonna say, sorry for not joining you this year, but I see you found some decent subs, buddy. ;)
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#14 User is offline   Phil 

• Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2018-February-02, 21:17

https://g.co/kgs/KpbWYM
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#15 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-February-02, 21:26

I know this is getting boring for you guys but......WE DID IT AGAIN! We won today again!! Thanks to Phil Clayton and Ira Chorush, they played great! 4 days on row!!

http://live.acbl.org.../011A/2/summary

But I have to say "Thank You" to both Justin Lall and Brad Moss. In one auction Richard asked aces, and I responded 5 (0-3) and Richard decided not to bid slam when our trump was hearts but he forgot to correct my 5 to 5 and passed but immediately saw his mistake...Justin and Brad told him that he can correct it and that is not how way they want to win a match. They are such cool people both as personality and a player at the table.

Seeing people like this, at the times where real cheaters have the nerves to come back and play at events as if nothing happened, with CAS or court decisions, gives me hope.

#16 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-February-02, 23:16

Overall masterpoint ranking so far.

http://live.acbl.org...winners/1802009

#17 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-February-03, 20:14

Today's results (We ended up 2nd today)

http://live.acbl.org...09/031A/2/recap

#18 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-February-04, 14:49

View PostMrAce, on 2018-February-03, 20:14, said:

Today's results (We ended up 2nd today)

I guess it's time to give up. :)

#19 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2018-February-04, 20:41

View Postbarmar, on 2018-February-04, 14:49, said:

I guess it's time to give up. :)

Well...and then there is the scores of last day (today's) swiss teams!! :P
I had a successful regional :)

http://live.acbl.org...09/04AX/2/recap

#20 User is offline   Phil 

• Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2018-February-05, 23:05

As it turned out, Timo and Richard broke the record for the most points ever won at the Houston regional with 189.

They were 20 points short of Meckwell + Lwvin/Weinsteins/Helms record of 210 a few years ago at Gatlinberg (I think).
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users