BBO Discussion Forums: How will Trump leave office? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How will Trump leave office? just a poll

Poll: How will Trump leave office? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How will Trump leave the presidency?

1. Serves two full terms, new president takes over in 2025 (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Loses re-election bid in 2020 (13 votes [48.15%])

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

3. Impeached and removed from office by congress (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

4. Removed by his cabinet via the 25th amendment (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Resigns (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

6. Dies in office (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

7. Some other way (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-January-07, 09:47

There's plenty of discussion of President Trump in the other thread; this is just a poll on what people think is the most likely end to his presidency.
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#2 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-January-07, 11:22

'Dies in Office [naturally]' or 'Assassinated' should be in two separate categories. There's plenty of people in this world, beyond ISIS or North Korea, who'd happily pull the trigger. Not that I agree with violence, but he's hardly an asset to your great American nation.

#3 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2018-January-07, 11:37

View PostFelicityR, on 2018-January-07, 11:22, said:

'Dies in Office [naturally]' or 'Assassinated' should be in two separate categories. There's plenty of people in this world, beyond ISIS or North Korea, who'd happily pull the trigger. Not that I agree with violence, but he's hardly an asset to your great American nation.

Fredo dies an unnatural death in the movie.

Best case scenario would be for him to be voted out in 2020 and then be immediately indicted by Robert Mueller and spend the rest of his miserable life in prison.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-07, 11:38

View PostFelicityR, on 2018-January-07, 11:22, said:

LOL, ISIS? Yeah...that group of people who popped up out of nowhere with so many hi-tech weapons + money + intel and right at the same time when Syria decided to break the deal they did with USA about the Qatar natural gas project.
People usually do not kill their commander in chief!Posted Image

Look I am born and raised as muslim. Though I have no faith in religions I grew up in that region. I can tell a fanatic muslim terrorist from 1 mile away when i see one. So called ISIS militants are not one of them. They are % 100 mercenaries and guess what everything they do works for? Who benefits from them? Not Iran, not Russia, not Turkey nor any Arab country.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2018-January-07, 11:50

I suspect that he's going to pull a Nixon and resign once his position becomes untenable.
Alderaan delenda est

#6 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2018-January-07, 12:45

How about "He has the 22nd Amendment repealed and he rules until 2047"?

(not trying to be snarky, nor do I want to generate needless panic, just having fun)
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#7 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-07, 13:49

View Postgwnn, on 2018-January-07, 12:45, said:

How about "He has the 22nd Amendment repealed and he rules until 2047"?

(not trying to be snarky, nor do I want to generate needless panic, just having fun)

If Congress/Attorney General do not clean up the apparently politicized DOJ/FBI, then this becomes a realistic possibility. Trump takes over the setup initiated by the anti-Trump cabal and uses it against future opponents. Welcome to the Police State!

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-January-07, 13:51

A few years ago there was a TV series (Hostage) in which the president is scheduled for surgery, his surgeon's family is taken hostage and she's told to assassinate him during the operation to save them.

This came to mind because I just saw on CBS Sunday Morning that Trump is scheduled for a full physical this Friday. Maybe a nurse would poison him while supposedly drawing blood.

#9 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2018-January-07, 14:01

There is a poll and so I voted.
I voted for loses in 2020 but really I have no idea.

The economy is humming along. That's a powerful force on his side for two big reasons. Of course people like it when the economy is humming along but also any attempt to remove him will be seriously disruptive and probably drag down the economy. It's natural to be cautious about that.

Now will the economy keep humming? Well, I doubt it. Partly just on general principles. And partly because I don't think Trump knows what he is doing. Real estate, as some but not all practice it, is for the quick buck. That's his background. Try this, try that, try something else. If it works, pocket the cash. If it doesn't work, get out and leave someone else stuck with the results. He was very good at that. A genius, perhaps. But I live here and so this approach to the business of the country doesn't appeal to me.

When the stock market is going up and there are not massive American casualties on the battlefields it's easy enough to keep some level of support. But this rosy scenario never lasts. When there is actual trouble, meaning something more serious than someone whom I have never before heard of writing an unflattering book, things will get very tough. For us all, I think.

When? If I could accurately predict the future I would be rich. But I do not expect him to be re-elected. David Brooks observed that there is considerable support for populism, but not all that much support for narcissistic billionaires. People may have thought they were voting for the former, but they got the latter. They might re-think in 2020.
Ken

#10 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-07, 14:02

View Postbarmar, on 2018-January-07, 13:51, said:

A few years ago there was a TV series (Hostage) in which the president is scheduled for surgery, his surgeon's family is taken hostage and she's told to assassinate him during the operation to save them.

This came to mind because I just saw on CBS Sunday Morning that Trump is scheduled for a full physical this Friday. Maybe a nurse would poison him while supposedly drawing blood.

Really! You are calling for the assassination of the President?

#11 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2018-January-07, 15:23

View Postkenberg, on 2018-January-07, 14:01, said:

There is a poll and so I voted.
I voted for loses in 2020 but really I have no idea.

The economy is humming along. That's a powerful force on his side for two big reasons. Of course people like it when the economy is humming along but also any attempt to remove him will be seriously disruptive and probably drag down the economy. It's natural to be cautious about that.

Now will the economy keep humming? Well, I doubt it. Partly just on general principles. And partly because I don't think Trump knows what he is doing. Real estate, as some but not all practice it, is for the quick buck. That's his background. Try this, try that, try something else. If it works, pocket the cash. If it doesn't work, get out and leave someone else stuck with the results. He was very good at that. A genius, perhaps. But I live here and so this approach to the business of the country doesn't appeal to me.

When the stock market is going up and there are not massive American casualties on the battlefields it's easy enough to keep some level of support. But this rosy scenario never lasts. When there is actual trouble, meaning something more serious than someone whom I have never before heard of writing an unflattering book, things will get very tough. For us all, I think.

When? If I could accurately predict the future I would be rich. But I do not expect him to be re-elected. David Brooks observed that there is considerable support for populism, but not all that much support for narcissistic billionaires. People may have thought they were voting for the former, but they got the latter. They might re-think in 2020.

Can he really be called a real estate developer? Do the real estate pass-throughs tax breaks apply to name licensing?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#12 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-07, 17:21

I voted other as in handcuffs.

When the GOP loses control of Congress and possibly the Senate and their partisan protection of him evaporates the truth may well come out and I'm betting on money laundering and mob ties (both Russian and Mafia) taking the lead role.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#13 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2018-January-07, 23:01

View Postldrews, on 2018-January-07, 14:02, said:

You do understand that you just publicly accused barmar of commiting a felony, right?
Because threatening the life of the President is criminal act under US code Title 18, Section 871.

So, you really want to make sure that you're accurately portraying what Barmar said...
Where in the three lines of text that Barry wrote is anything resembling a call to action or any kind of advocacy?

Here... I'll make things convenient for you and repost what Barry said.

Seriously, learn to ***** read jackass.
Alderaan delenda est

#14 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-07, 23:02

I am surprised there's only 4 votes for victory in 2020 vs 10 votes for defeat in 2020. The betting odds indicate a much higher probability of Trump being reelected as President in 2020.

#15 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2018-January-07, 23:26

View Postggwhiz, on 2018-January-07, 17:21, said:

I voted other as in handcuffs.

When the GOP loses control of Congress and possibly the Senate and their partisan protection of him evaporates the truth may well come out and I'm betting on money laundering and mob ties (both Russian and Mafia) taking the lead role.

I am not sure that this is a possibility. I believe that for felonies committed by a sitting president, he must be removed from office by impeachment. Then he can be arrested and formally prosecuted.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#16 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2018-January-07, 23:28

View Postshyams, on 2018-January-07, 23:02, said:

I am surprised there's only 4 votes for victory in 2020 vs 10 votes for defeat in 2020. The betting odds indicate a much higher probability of Trump being reelected as President in 2020.

Well, you have seen the comments in other threads. The American public are being unjustly accused of being rational thinkers.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#17 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-07, 23:42

View Postshyams, on 2018-January-07, 23:02, said:

Given the disparity between the polls and the results last time, this seems consistent :)

#18 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-08, 07:00

Today's press indicates that Trump is going to have a health check soon. So what happens if he is found not fit for office? That is probably another category to add to the list. I used to work in HR and there's a big difference between resignation and leaving a job owing to incapacity. In this country (England) it is standard practice within large organisations to offer incapacitated employees alternative employment with that organisation if they are willing to accept. Not to do so would be discriminatory.

#19 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2018-January-08, 08:17

View Posthrothgar, on 2018-January-07, 23:01, said:

You do understand that you just publicly accused barmar of commiting a felony, right?
Because threatening the life of the President is criminal act under US code Title 18, Section 871.

So, you really want to make sure that you're accurately portraying what Barmar said...
Where in the three lines of text that Barry wrote is anything resembling a call to action or any kind of advocacy?

Here... I'll make things convenient for you and repost what Barry said.

Seriously, learn to ***** read jackass.

I am not certain just how a jury would treat it if someone approached a nurse and said "Here is some poison, I was thinking maybe you would use it while drawing blood", and then the nurse used the poison while drawing blood. Certainly people are responsible for their own actions, and "maybe you would" is not the same as "I suggest that you do" but it's close.

Back in the 60s a guy was arrested, or at least taken in and questioned, by the Secret Service after saying "President Johnson's war makes me want to puke". When pressed they explained that if a lot of people puked on the president it could kill him. Of course the explanation was ridiculous and, my guess, was probably intended facetiously but the point is that people take jokes, comments, allusions etc about killing the president seriously. Sort of like joking about bombs as you are boarding a plane, it's a bad idea.

And of course no, I do not actually think barmar was making a serious suggestion. But if the Secret Service shows up at his door, you heard it here first.
Ken

#20 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-January-08, 09:42

View Postldrews, on 2018-January-07, 14:02, said:

No more so than having the option in the poll in the first place. Would you say that anyone who checked that box was advocating for it?

I was very careful to say "would", not "should".

But mostly I just thought it was a humorous coincidence that this came up precisely around the time of his checkup.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users