BBO Discussion Forums: BBO App does not work on my Nexus 5 (Android) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO App does not work on my Nexus 5 (Android)

#1 User is offline   Notvul 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-November-30, 14:59

Hi,

I was able to connect to BBO earlier on my mobile (Nexus 5 - Android). However, ever since I updated the BBO application to Version 5 released a few days back, BBO does not load. It displays the logo and hangs. I have tried stopping and restarting, uninstalling and re-installing it but that has not helped.

Is there any minimum requirements for the new version of BBO app to work?

Any suggestions to get it to work?

Thanks

Subhash

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-December-03, 01:35

What is the Android OS version on your phone?

#3 User is offline   Notvul 

• Pip

Posted 2017-December-31, 08:34

I have Android 6.0.1.

I am having issues with the camera on my phone. The default camera application on my phone does not work and with a different Camera application I am able to use only the front camera.

I looked at the new BBO app home page and saw that it needs to access the camera application.

I suspect this is what is creating the problem, though I do not know why BBO should need access to the camera.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-31, 11:42

View PostNotvul, on 2017-December-31, 08:34, said:

I suspect this is what is creating the problem, though I do not know why BBO should need access to the camera.

So you can take a picture when updating your profile picture.

But why should having other applications with camera access stop the default camera app? The other camera app doesn't block it.

#5 User is offline   Notvul 

• Pip

Posted 2018-January-01, 10:12

View Postbarmar, on 2017-December-31, 11:42, said:

So you can take a picture when updating your profile picture.

But why should having other applications with camera access stop the default camera app? The other camera app doesn't block it.

When I click on the default Camera application, I get an error "Unfortunately Camera has stopped". I am not sure what caused this error (It started coming around the time I installed the new BBO app but may have been pre-existing and I did not notice it). When I googled the error, there were some suggestions that this probably was a software issue and I needed to reset the phone OS to the factory version. This would result of a wipe of all the data on my phone.

I haven't been brave enough to do this yet, since I don't use the camera all that often.

However, BBO is one of my most frequently used Apps.

Question is:

Will the New BBO app work even if I have a broken camera app on my phone ?

#6 User is offline   Notvul 

• Pip

Posted 2018-January-20, 01:02

An update. I managed to fix the problem with the camera. However BBO application still does not work. I see the BBO logo and it hangs. Uninstalling, clearing cache/data etc has no effect.

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-20, 08:50

Does this link work on your device? You might need to open it with Chrome, it needs a modern browser:

http://www.bridgebase.com/mobile/

That's a web version of the mobile app, still in the works but should be usable.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users