BBO Discussion Forums: No forcing bid other than jump to 6 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No forcing bid other than jump to 6 GIBidding

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-17, 16:42

Blurbs gone berserk. Could the intelligentsia reproduce this hand and list the blurb possibilities after 1S please.
4NT 6+, 5NT 6+, 2S 6+ points, 3H invitational I think.
I just jumped to 6. F-it! Fortunately it made.
I did not jump-shift since had spades as well.

vrock

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-November-18, 16:56

4NT should clearly be RKC in hearts since hearts have been bid and supported.

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-18, 17:36

You can't have checked all of the options - 3 says 5+ , 13+ total points, forcing to 4. Not sure I would have predicted that in advance, but at least it seems to do what you want and let you use Blackwood next.

As least the roles weren't reversed - when GIB bids with itself, it passes out 1 :D Not too surprising though, these types of hands can be hard for human partnerships to bid, let alone a robot. Given the number of much more common bugs, I don't think crazy hands like this are really something that should be looked into.

#4 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-18, 21:06

smerriman, on 2017-November-18, 17:36, said:

You can't have checked all of the options - 3 says 5+ , 13+ total points, forcing to 4. Not sure I would have predicted that in advance, but at least it seems to do what you want and let you use Blackwood next.

As least the roles weren't reversed - when GIB bids with itself, it passes out 1 :D Not too surprising though, these types of hands can be hard for human partnerships to bid, let alone a robot. Given the number of much more common bugs, I don't think crazy hands like this are really something that should be looked into.

Quite possible I did not explore 3S. 2S was 6+ LOL. I might have tried some splinters all 6+.
oh well!

vrock

#5 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-18, 22:05

Are you sure 2s was 6+? I tried at bidding table and it said 2s was invitational 5+h, with 3s as smerriman said.

4nt directly is broken. 2s probably should be some generic force instead of heart game try IMO. 3h was blocking with 6 hearts, probably that one should be the invite call instead. 3s+ ought to be splinters but aren't.

#6 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-19, 10:09

Stephen Tu, on 2017-November-18, 22:05, said:

Are you sure 2s was 6+? I tried at bidding table and it said 2s was invitational 5+h, with 3s as smerriman said.

4nt directly is broken. 2s probably should be some generic force instead of heart game try IMO. 3h was blocking with 6 hearts, probably that one should be the invite call instead. 3s+ ought to be splinters but aren't.

I meant 6+ "points". Tough to remember all the options. I do remember for sure 4NT was 6+ points. I don't remember length. Most of what I looked at seemed to 6+ points. I don't remember if I tried 3S.

vrock

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users