Mozzila, cant click buttons

#1 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2017-August-30, 21:26

Hi, this for a friend on BBO.
He uses Mozilla on a PC.
When open BBO in a new window several buttons don'tfunction,solitaire, competitive, casual and practise, maybe more. Also, for mail the only button that functions is delete allbut that opens a compose mail window, can't even close the BBO mailbox. Those buttons that do work take a very long time >8 sec to open.

Now, I opened BBO in the same window and everything works fine and very fast. Also, BBO seems to work in IE but Edge had difficulties so didn't look any further.

Any ideas, opening a new window is more convenient. This started happening fairly recently but don't know exactly when.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-30, 22:24

Do buttons start working if you resize the window? There is an open bug in Firefox at the moment that can sometimes result in broken click events in flash applications when changing between different tabs (and maybe different windows): https://bugzilla.moz....cgi?id=1394408

I've also discovered sometimes it can result in the buttons 'shifting', so eg you have to click a certain distance away from the actual button. In all cases, a quick resizing of the browser fixes it temporarily.

The real solution for the time being is typing about:config into the URL bar, and flipping dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled to false, at least until Firefox fixes the problem.

#3 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-August-31, 05:11

I had the same problem with mozfox and I rebooted in default. nothing. it didnt go away but a week later it fixed all by itself. not sure what happened but mozfox been off for many months. I swapped virus firewall to avg. computer ok now. my friend whos a software expert couldn't figure it.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-August-31, 10:36

View Postsmerriman, on 2017-August-30, 22:24, said:

The real solution for the time being is typing about:config into the URL bar, and flipping dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled to false, at least until Firefox fixes the problem.

I suspect they don't consider problems that affect Flash to be high priority, since Flash is being phased out.

For now, if you're having trouble using BBO with Firefox, try switching to Chrome.

#5 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-31, 19:31

View Postbarmar, on 2017-August-31, 10:36, said:

I suspect they don't consider problems that affect Flash to be high priority, since Flash is being phased out.

No, it's pretty high priority - in fact the only reason the bug exists is because of a deliberate switch to try to improve the performance of Flash (which turned the above setting on by default).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users