BBO Discussion Forums: strong deck - part 1 - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

strong deck - part 1

Poll: strong deck - part 1 (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Your call?

1. Pass (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

2. Double (6 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. 1H (5 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. 2C (25 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

5. 2NT (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

6. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   cartruck 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-June-22, 14:14

View PostVampyr, on 2017-June-22, 13:25, said:

Thank god for the ignore button.

Goodie for you, I'll be content smoking you at the table, if you ever got away from your Warrior Keyboard and actually played in a real tournament.

#42 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-June-22, 17:47

View Postcartruck, on 2017-June-22, 14:14, said:

Goodie for you, I'll be content smoking you at the table, if you ever got away from your Warrior Keyboard and actually played in a real tournament.

I have not ignored you yet, so I will comment.

Many people before you have joined these forums with a bad attitude and a lack of respect for other members, and an inflated sense of their own relative skill, with the notion that they can teach the forums how to play bridge.

Generally these people, once they get called out, gradually or quickly fade away. However the most recent two have tried to tone it down and have become much more pleasant and interesting forum members (if you exclude the Water Cooler). You might want to think about trying to become the latter type.

By the way, I was serious in the other thread about wondering whether you adequately disclose your "unusual" Unusual 2NT. Your lack of a reply is perhaps the answer.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#43 User is offline   cartruck 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-June-22, 18:09

View PostVampyr, on 2017-June-22, 17:47, said:

I have not ignored you yet, so I will comment.

Many people before you have joined these forums with a bad attitude and a lack of respect for other members, and an inflated sense of their own relative skill, with the notion that they can teach the forums how to play bridge.

Generally these people, once they get called out, gradually or quickly fade away. However the most recent two have tried to tone it down and have become much more pleasant and interesting forum members (if you exclude the Water Cooler). You might want to think about trying to become the latter type.

By the way, I was serious in the other thread about wondering whether you adequately disclose your "unusual" Unusual 2NT. Your lack of a reply is perhaps the answer.

We alert everything, it is written on our card. When asked we of course say it could be 4-4. I'm offended that you would have to ask me that. I don't need this forum. By the looks of it, it's on life support as we type. Don't bully me. That is all.

#44 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-22, 19:20

View Postcartruck, on 2017-June-22, 18:09, said:

We alert everything, it is written on our card. When asked we of course say it could be 4-4. I'm offended that you would have to ask me that.

Sorry I did not mean to offend.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#45 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-22, 20:22

View Postcartruck, on 2017-June-22, 18:09, said:

We alert everything, it is written on our card. When asked we of course say it could be 4-4. I'm offended that you would have to ask me that. I don't need this forum. By the looks of it, it's on life support as we type. Don't bully me. That is all.

If you do not like being bullied, then do not try to bully other posters by listing funny titles of you and your father when they all did was to reply to your suggestions. Just because you worded it like a 7 years old does not change the intention of the message you tried to pathetically deliver.
There are so many players with so many international experience, pros, experts all the way down to beginners in this forum. None of the big names here ever listed their titles (such as playing in Bermuda Bowl, EC, winning national team trials etc..) when they faced someone who disagreed with them.
Stick to the topic.
In these forums, your father, your relationship with celebrity players, your refrigerator magnets are irrelevant. What matters is how much sense you make or not in the topic you reply to.

Remember, nobody wrote anything that would insult you or your suggestion of 2 NT. You bragged about it and Rowland implied that you maybe wrong about your bragging. Then you came with more and funnier bragging and received a reply to these bragging.
Just tune down the bragging such as being 1/10000 and son of a father who owns this and who played vs that pair and who had a seat in ACBL and etc etc. And if you don't, do not cry about being bullied when you receive the proper reply. Reaction to funny bragging is not bullying.
What Vampyr told about disclosing your agreements or not was inappropriate at worst. Asking whether you and your father are ethically disclosing your agreements is inappropriate and she apologized for it. But it is NOT bullying.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#46 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-22, 23:39

View Postmanudude03, on 2017-June-18, 19:41, said:

This came up in a recent robot tourney, IMPs scoring. What's your plan here?

nonexpert answer...

I will try pass with these diamonds.

with this diamond suit not crazy about overcalling 1h or 2c on the suit quality given

I can understand many other options

yes I may defend 1d

interesting problem, thanks for posting

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users