Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two-suiters after (1S)-pass-(2S)

#1 User is offline   Kungsgeten 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-April-10, 03:09

I think I've read somewhere (probably here or at BridgeWinners) about some clever way of showing two-suiters over (1)-pass-(2). Does anyone have a link (been searching, but can not find it)?

I guess the most common way is to play 2NT as minors, and with hearts + minor you need to make something up. I think the suggested method was something like this, but I'm not sure:

(1)-pass-(2)---
Dbl = Take-out or both minors. Advancer bids 2NT with a preference for hearts.
2NT = Hearts + minor. Advancer can bid 3C as p/c.

Not sure if this is what I read though, and if it is then you have to give up 2NT as Lebensohl/Scrambling or whatever you play.

#2 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-April-10, 03:29

just play 2nt as hearts and a minor and x as take out. 3S is minors if you ever get dealt it.

#3 User is offline   broze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-April-10, 04:43

Yes 2NT is Michael's for me. Worth adding that we can double with 1=4=2=6 as well and then 2NT by responder asks. Minors is fairly rare so as wank says 3S will do for that.
'In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.' - Douglas Adams

#4 User is offline   DinDIP 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-April-24, 20:27

View PostKungsgeten, on 2017-April-10, 03:09, said:

I think I've read somewhere (probably here or at BridgeWinners) about some clever way of showing two-suiters over (1)-pass-(2). Does anyone have a link (been searching, but can not find it)?

I guess the most common way is to play 2NT as minors, and with hearts + minor you need to make something up. I think the suggested method was something like this, but I'm not sure:

(1)-pass-(2)---
Dbl = Take-out or both minors. Advancer bids 2NT with a preference for hearts.
2NT = Hearts + minor. Advancer can bid 3C as p/c.

Not sure if this is what I read though, and if it is then you have to give up 2NT as Lebensohl/Scrambling or whatever you play.

Search for Kit Woolsey as he is the one who advocates playing 2N as showing a two-suiter with diamonds and (IIRC) a 2N response to a t/o X as showing primary D. (He uses the same method over 4.) It was intriguing but I decided playing 2N (and 4N) as Michaels was easier and better including because anchoring to the highest-ranked unbid suit seems more effective if there is further competition.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users