• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a BBO partner WJ, Precision club, any exotic system

#1 User is offline   kvr_msk 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-April-07, 15:38

Hello!

I'm looking for a BBO partner to play WJ, Precision club or any exotic system (I also have my own system and can teach you to play it if you want.) I don't like and don't play SAYC, 2/1 and Acol.

I'm an intermediate level player. I'm tolerant towards partner's mistakes in card play and I don't mind if my partner points at my mistakes of this kind but I'm intolerant towards breaking partnership agreements in bidding. I want to play a properly agreed system and conventions and I want to understand exactly any partner's bid.

Doesn't matter which level you are - if you're my level then we'll just play, and if you're a beginner then I don't mind spending some time teaching you.

#2 User is offline   kvr_msk 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-May-07, 06:28

Still looking for partners.

#3 User is offline   kvr_msk 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-June-03, 14:48

#4 User is offline   kvr_msk 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-June-30, 14:58

I'm posting here once again still hoping to find some people who are not satisfied with playing with random partners without any agreements. I still hope that bridge hasn't yet become an individual game and that people who agree with me exist.

BTW, having played a significant number of hands with random partners against random opponents I must admit that I underestimated my skills - I'm not intermediate, I'm at least advanced among those players whom you can find at random tables.

So please contact me if you're interested in playing a well-developed system and having clear agreements about most bidding situations.

#5 User is offline   Kaitlyn S 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-July-02, 13:47

I'm not sure many people look at this thread.

I can tell you what I did when I had time to play a fair amount (unfortunately that isn't now.) I played lots of hands in the Main Bridge Club or in the team matches trying to find compatible partners. In playing a thousand hands or so, I found about a dozen that I thought were somewhat compatible who were willing to friend me here. I sent each of those a message stating that I would like to set up, via email, a somewhat extensive set of agreements so when I saw them online, we could play together and use those agreements. Three of those took me up on it and I have an agreement list with those three people. Unfortunately, real life got in the way and I suspect those players have forgotten about me and any agreements we made, but if I ever get back to playing, they will be the first to know (along with an email with our last set of agreements.)

I admit that it was easier for me than you because I was specifically looking for 2/1 partners which are a lot more common than WJ or Precision Club players, and the "Help Me Find A Game" feature is going to pair a lot of SAYC people with you even though you ask for "not SAYC". You almost have to cherry-pick the open seats, which is rough because they frequently get filled by HMFAG.

I played Precision back when CC Wei first popularized it and if I was playing more, I might have tried starting a partnership with you just to keep my mind active. Don't give up hope though.

Another possible idea: Send a message on BBO to the people that post in the Non-Natural Bidding Discussion forum (you should be able to determine those that might be compatible.) The people that post in these forums tend to be more serious about discussing the game, and are thus more likely to try to develop agreements. I'm guessing that if you send messages to about 20 of those players, you'll probably get two that are willing to form a trial partnership.

#6 User is offline   Rite Bid 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-September-03, 11:34

View Postkvr_msk, on 2017-June-30, 14:58, said:

I'm posting here once again still hoping to find some people who are not satisfied with playing with random partners without any agreements. I still hope that bridge hasn't yet become an individual game and that people who agree with me exist.

BTW, having played a significant number of hands with random partners against random opponents I must admit that I underestimated my skills - I'm not intermediate, I'm at least advanced among those players whom you can find at random tables.

So please contact me if you're interested in playing a well-developed system and having clear agreements about most bidding situations.

Hi,

Are you still looking for partner? I am playing super precision OCP version. If you are interested in me. Drop me a line. Thank you.

#7 User is offline   Kaitlyn S 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-03, 09:31

I sent this idea privately, but decided that there might be others in the same dilemma as the opening poster.

If you're looking for somebody to play a non-natural system, you're probably looking for a fairly serious bridge player. Many of these populate BridgeWinners. Perhaps if you post your desires for a BBO partnership on BridgeWinners, it will be seen by more serious players and be more likely to have the desired result. Many more serious players look at BridgeWinners than at these forums (just look at the number of responses to a poll there as opposed to here.)

#8 User is offline   kvr_msk 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-December-04, 16:33

View PostKaitlyn S, on 2017-December-03, 09:31, said:

I sent this idea privately, but decided that there might be others in the same dilemma as the opening poster.

If you're looking for somebody to play a non-natural system, you're probably looking for a fairly serious bridge player. Many of these populate BridgeWinners. Perhaps if you post your desires for a BBO partnership on BridgeWinners, it will be seen by more serious players and be more likely to have the desired result. Many more serious players look at BridgeWinners than at these forums (just look at the number of responses to a poll there as opposed to here.)

Thank you for your message and your advice. I've browsed the Partnership Desk forum at BridgeWinners several times and found posts almost only from American players looking for a real-life partnership. I'm afraid that my post may look odd there but maybe I'll try.

#9 User is offline   Kaitlyn S 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-04, 22:30

I have never been afraid of looking odd :D

#10 User is offline   kvr_msk 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-February-13, 15:58

#11 User is offline   EdwardF1 

• Pip

Posted 2019-September-25, 13:59

Hi,

I've just started learning precision. I'm reading Terence Reece's Precision Bidding & Play. I've also got Daniel Neil's Standard Modern Precision and Eric Jannersten Precision Bridge . If you can teach me, I'm up for it. I know what you mean about ACOL, SAYC, 2/1 etc. I've been playing bridge for about a year. If you can give me something to read that would be great, but happy to start playing if you are willing to teach me?

#12 User is offline   nennen 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-20, 02:23

I saw your requirement of possible partners not playing standard Systems. In deep connection with this i'm looking for partners that could help me studying the following:

There are many cases in which statistics forces how to bid. Many times some important features of bidding are not optative, are not a question of psicological preference. They are FORCED by statisitcs.There are so many that i would nead some help. I began to study those which would bring more important inferences on how some bidding situations MUST be treated. In some sense we could begin to imagine that there exists only one bidding system (a joke but not as much of a joke).

One example of how Statistics forces: I found that, after a 1nt opening bid, the call 2nt (direct or after Stayman or whatever) SHOULD NOT be taken as invitative, because there are more cases where you stop when 3nt is on, or bid 3nt when it is down, or because you are already too high, . So 2nt has to be given an artificial meaning (2nt as inviting is wasted meaning for it).

The procedure to begin to practice before the system is fullfilled could be: We begin with some "natural" system and introduce the changes (Most will be dramatic) that statistics will force us to. I saw you wanted the partenership strictly respect agreements. I agree to this too. But hose things not yet studied, and not included in the "natural" system chosen, if you want to play before 3 years, cannot be trated in other way than using some common sense. Common sense and logical sense are abilities that could and must be developed and agreed.

The way I'm working is:
1.- Consider a bidding interrogant. (2nt should be invitative?)
2.- Draw a bloc of 10.000 random deals fullfilling the features of the interrogant. (In each deal North opens 1nt and the partnership has about 23-24hcp)
3.- Process them with a double dummy software.
4.- Load the results into a spreadsheet, and derive the frequence of the different consequences. (2nt is worse than a direct 3nt or worse than a pass, depending on the hand)

5.- Adapt the bidding to the most frequent (matchpoints) or relevant (others) ((We adapt the bidding considering 2nt could be given a new non-inviting sense)). Which means: use the statistics to see what new meaning 1n-2nt or 1nt-2c-2d-2nt, etc.. should be given.

Requirements to col.laborate with me, ( the way I can help)
1.- is to have some abilty with excel or libreoffice calc.
2.- Also would need help to organize bidding according the growing amount or statistical indications.
A sort of puzzle.

I see more often e-mail. I give it to you to follow there. frbofill@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance
Francesc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users