BBO Discussion Forums: Arranging the cards after the Auction - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arranging the cards after the Auction

#1 User is offline   joel1900 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-17, 12:37

Currently at the end of a suit contract auction, the cards are rearranged to put the trump suit on the left end. I would like an option to disable that action. I've had instances, where we are running out of time, so I'm prepared to make my lead at the conclusion of the auction. As I'm clicking my lead, the hand is rearranged resulting in an unintentional lead. I don't need trump to be on my left. That's for dummy.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-17, 12:51

View Postjoel1900, on 2020-August-17, 12:37, said:

Currently at the end of a suit contract auction, the cards are rearranged to put the trump suit on the left end. I would like an option to disable that action. I've had instances, where we are running out of time, so I'm prepared to make my lead at the conclusion of the auction. As I'm clicking my lead, the hand is rearranged resulting in an unintentional lead. I don't need trump to be on my left. That's for dummy.

This is a frequent complaint here. Luckily it is linked to the (default) "picture of cards" view, if you switch to the alternative "hand diagram" view then this is fixed and it is also clear who is dummy.

#3 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-17, 14:58

View Postpescetom, on 2020-August-17, 12:51, said:

This is a frequent complaint here. Luckily it is linked to the (default) "picture of cards" view, if you switch to the alternative "hand diagram" view then this is fixed and it is also clear who is dummy.

There is no reason the "picture" view doesn't make clear who is dummy. The original "Windows" version of BBO correctly displayed dummy in 4 columns of suits with trumps on the left and you could decide which direction declarer showed up. The latest HTML5 version is a step forward and several steps backwards from previous versions.

#4 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-August-17, 15:53

If you know the cards are going to move, its a simple solution - wait.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users