BBO Discussion Forums: Question about Windows client being phased out in 2017 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about Windows client being phased out in 2017

#1 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-November-04, 01:29

What is the plan for BBO Vu-graph? I see it's not being phased out yet, but is there a plan to move it to the web version at some stage? If not, might it be possible for the standalone version that it uses to not have to load all the players online before being able to be used?
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#2 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-November-07, 11:18

View Postgordontd, on 2016-November-04, 01:29, said:

What is the plan for BBO Vu-graph? I see it's not being phased out yet, but is there a plan to move it to the web version at some stage? If not, might it be possible for the standalone version that it uses to not have to load all the players online before being able to be used?

The web version as far as I know doesn't load all the players, only a specific list which is supposedly of friends or followers. Also, vugraph has been available on webversion from the start. You have to be on the webversion to hear the commentary, it is not available to downloaders, only typed chat. You can access the web version even if you normally use download by going through the search engine to get to BBO rather than just logging in.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-November-07, 11:42

View Postonoway, on 2016-November-07, 11:18, said:

Also, vugraph has been available on webversion from the start.

He's talking about vugraph operating, which currently requires the windows version.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-November-07, 11:46

View Postgordontd, on 2016-November-04, 01:29, said:

What is the plan for BBO Vu-graph? I see it's not being phased out yet, but is there a plan to move it to the web version at some stage?

It will eventually be migrated. See http://www.bridgebas...post__p__903208

If not, might it be possible for the standalone version that it uses to not have to load all the players online before being able to be used?

It doesn't use a special standalone version, it uses the same Windows client everyone else uses.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users