KTxxxx...x....KQJx....Ax

imps both vul. 2/1 gf

1s=1nt
2d=3h

1) What does 3h show?
2) is 3h forcing?
3) your call now?

It depends on your other agreements in the system

if 1--3 was invitational, or if 2 response followed by 3 is invitational then this auction you have is a splinter agreeing on diamonds.
If there was no way of showing 6 card and an invitational hand then your auction shows invitation in hearts.

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   rmnka447 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Golf, Soccer

Posted 2016-October-30, 14:47

Lacking any special agreements, it should show the 10-12 point hand with 6 decent . After opener's 1 followed by 2 over the Forcing NT, opener's hand has shown 8+ cards in the pointed suits. So there's no guarantee of a fit. Therefore, partner has to take that into consideration when bidding 3 and needs to have a suit that could play opposite a stiff or small doubleton. Occasionally, that may mean that responder has to bid 2 NT as a catchall bid when holding 10-12 with 5 or 6+ with bad spots.

It is not forcing. To go on, you need to be in the top end of the simple rebid zone (really good 14 - 16) over the Forcing NT.

The possible choices over 3 are 3 or pass. Since, like responder, there's no guarantee of a fit in your suit (), you need to consider whether you'd like to play 3 opposite a small stiff or doubleton. With the poor quality of the suit and suggested misfit with responder's 3 bid, I'd pass.

BTW, I'd initially rebid 2 over 1 NT rather than 2 . Although you have a 5 loser hand, it's still only 13 HCP. The major feature of the hand -- the suit is somewhat poor.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users