#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-August-25, 18:50

See two hands edited by me.

Hand-1

Hand-2

First issue:
We know HCP never be equal to TPs im many situations. However Gibs mistook TPs for HCP .

Second issue :
If you think the explanations of minor suit stayman on Gib CC are correct, how to sign off at three level?
So no way to stop it.
So rebid-3 is a preference for minors, sign off at three level,never force to game.
Any ideas?

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-26, 02:01

This is a not so simple evaluation of the East hand whether game is a possibility. With a fit and the right controls, 5 or even 6 of a minor may be possible. If not, this may a partscore hand. GIB decided that the hand warranted a game force, which would probably be duplicated by my human players.

To signoff, East can bid 2NT to transfer to 3 and pass the response. You have to forget about finding a better diamond fit.

There is no invitational sequence with this type of hand in the GIB system, and probably in most systems you will find in real life. It's a low percentage hand type and most system designers will accept a loss in their designs.

#3 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-August-26, 13:40

The 2 bid is forcing to game, and since GIB has points in the Major suits, it is always bidding 3NT.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#4 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-26, 16:15

Hi, yes GIB simply evaluates the distribution of the east hands as enough for game. To sign off in a minor, GIB starts with 2NT with clubs, 3 with diamonds. Starting with 2 is already forcing to game. I hope that helps!
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users