Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

volume system limitations

#1 User is offline   ehhh 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-10, 14:33

With the number of players now using BBO to it's expected to cause BBO headaches. I'm confident the techies at BBO have their hands full working diligently to resolve the issue.

NTL, I want to voice my frustration. If you aren't online when your favourite tournies appear for registration you're likely to miss out.

Today, Fri. 11th, April, for example Aptesienne, a regular established tourney that normally starts at ~3:25 est, opened for registration at ~1:40 est and within 1 minute 1/3 of the 160 available seats were filled. To make matters even more frustrating this number of seats is a fraction of what it use to be (most, if not all, 'free' tournies have been reduced) and in the last 2 days the tournament, after waiting ~ 2hours, 'suffered an err' and was dropped, canc, or whatever by the system.

It seems the old faithfulls are suffering at the expense of trying to accommodate the many new tournies and players. It's commendable BBO is busting their butt to accommodate all but it ought to realize it's limitation and NOT accept new tournies beyond the platform's capacity to handle them.

While we're under house arrest BBO serves an important outlet for the bridge community. Kudos!
A promise made is a debt unpaid....R Service

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users