BBO Discussion Forums: Lin traveller, DDS, analises, exporting to PBN - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lin traveller, DDS, analises, exporting to PBN

#1 User is offline   jojopara 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-12, 05:43

Hello,

Lin traveller is not working when viewing my results. Why is this so?

Double Dummy Solver used to download my results so that I can analyse them offline with this excellent software. I suppose it has something to do with lin traveller.

Another thing that would be nice to have will be thew ability to export deals in all formats for offline browsing.

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-12, 13:08

I use DDS all the time. I have no connection with its developer. You say that you "used to be able" to download to DDS. Does this mean that you can no longer? I have not encountered this problem of late. Occasionally BBO tweak the format of data in myhands database which temporarily throws a spanner in it, but it has been a while since that last happened.

I don't think that DDS ever saved downloads as lin files. It used to save as pbn but now uses sql format. But it will read lin or pbn.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   jojopara 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-13, 03:39

I have written to the developer of DDS.

This is one of the replies of the author: "DDS uses a cookie that has stored your BBO password in your your DEFAULT browser.

First open your default browser and log into BBO, making sure to save your password.

Then open DDS and try to download some results."

I do what he advises to no avail. I use Linux, but the same happens in Windows in a virtual machine and in a normal installation.

I am only expressing my frustration and hoping if someone has had the same problem and has resolved it.

DDS transfers me to http://www.bridgebas...load%3DBBO.html which I think is natural as the programme searches for Windows default paths.

When I enter and click on Lin I am directed to, pay attention, file:///tmp/mozilla_jojo0/fetchlin.php?id=724787824&when_played=1481483281; when I click on Traveler I get:
file:///myhands/hands.php?traveller=5676-1481483281-40399093&username=jojopara

My second original paragraph refers to my not being able to download my lin files.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-December-13, 10:29

I think he misspoke. You shouldn't login to the BBO application, you need to login to the myhands page: http://www.bridgebas...hands/index.php

And if you're running DDS in the Windows VM, you need to do the login in the VM as well.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users