BBO Discussion Forums: Where can I see how opponents played? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where can I see how opponents played?

#1 User is offline   bmonger 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-May-20, 09:22

Hi All,

I'm a relative bridge newbie, been on BBO for awhile but not very knowledgeable about all BBO's features. I recently started playing the robot duplicate $0.25 MP games to hone my skills and get an idea of where I stand as compared to others.

I find that my bidding is adequate(with plenty of room for improvement), but I'm getting killed on the play of the hands, over and over again most of the players will be winning more tricks than I do. Aside from the mistakes I make, often I just cannot fathom how anyone could squeeze more tricks out of the hands.

Is there any way to see how the others played these hands? OR is there another area of BBO where I can play hands and then see how others played them?

Thanks much for any suggestions!

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-20, 10:15

Yes you can review them.

http://www.bridgebase.com/myhands

You will have to log in, using your ID and password used when playing in the robot tourney.

It saves a cookie on your hard drive that expires after about a month so you should not have to log in again for a while (maybe never if you view myhands at least once a month).

Then when you have found the set of hands you can view the traveller to see what everyone else did.

Alternatively, if you are using the Flash/web version to log in to BBO then while logged into BBO, click on My BBO, from the menu, then "Hands and results", then "recent tournaments"

Within that you can view the results at other tables for each selected hand.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   bmonger 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-May-20, 13:26

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-May-20, 10:15, said:

Yes you can review them.

snip...

Wow! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I installed the BBO software on my PC and now I can step through the play of the hands side by side! BBO is truly awesome!

Thanks so much for your help!

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-20, 13:49

You might also want to check out a third party windows program "Double Dummy Solver" by Bridge Captain.

http://www.bridge-ca...downloadDD.html

You can use this to download your hands from the MyHands database.

It does not really answer the point that you raised in the original post, because it does not download the hands from other tables. But it does

1) save the hands for ever, while the hands on MyHands database disappear after a couple of months, and

2) allow you to work through the play on a double-dummy basis as well as filter hands for examination by a range of criteria.

Basically, an essential additional tool for the serious improver/analyst.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users