Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

master points number after name on bbo

#1 User is offline   adv exp 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-February-21, 19:04

I have started playing tourneys on bbo in the last year. Mostly speedball and a little goulash. I have been paying more attention to the numbers after a person's name and at the same time looking up their "actual" rating on bboskill.com and evaluating their actual ability myself if they are my partner. What I cannot understand is how some people can have like a 6 or higher sometimes after their name and their level of play is intermediate or lower. Can someone explain to me how they scored all of their points because it sure aint from playing speedball. they wouldhave to be at it for a lifetime to amass that many MPs.

tx adv exp

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-February-22, 10:01

Well, I can tell you how I managed to get up to 20 -- lots of robot duplicates. I pick up 30-40 points/mo this way, and I'm not a great player.

You can look up a player's masterpoint history by going to http://www.bridgebase.com/points

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2016-February-22, 16:32

The number has to do with points
meaning of numbers
Points on BBO just like ACBL may have nothing to with your level. You can accumulate thousands of points just by playing for 30+ years. Doesn't mean your any good.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-February-23, 09:48

steve2005, on 2016-February-22, 16:32, said:

The number has to do with points
meaning of numbers
Points on BBO just like ACBL may have nothing to with your level. You can accumulate thousands of points just by playing for 30+ years. Doesn't mean your any good.

Except that BBO hasn't been around for 30+ years. Almost half of currently active accounts have been around for 5 years or less.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users