Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Log off vs Closing the Tab

#1 User is offline   Gazumper 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-February-19, 23:54

When leaving BBO sometimes I click Log off and sometimes I close the browser tab without logging off first. Is there any difference between two like does closing the page leave the connection to BBO hanging at all?

Closing the tab is also much quicker and requires only one action, first world problems I know.

#2 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-20, 00:35

I have always just closed the browser window / tab. But wait a minute - maybe that is why so many of my finesses fail!
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-February-20, 02:03

I have a feeling that if during the course of your session you have changed some of your preferences, such as sound v no sound, or notifify me when a viewgraph starts, or autoplay singletons, etc, then at the end of the cession it is recommended that you log off rather than close the window, if you want those changes to stick for future logins.

Other than that, no difference.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-20, 07:54

I would prefer to have the "confirm navigation" warning come up only when I'm actually playing at a table - or waiting for a tourney to start. I don't want to quit the table by mistake: it's so easy to hit the 'close' button by accident. At other times it's a bit superfluous.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-February-22, 09:51

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-February-20, 02:03, said:

I have a feeling that if during the course of your session you have changed some of your preferences, such as sound v no sound, or notifify me when a viewgraph starts, or autoplay singletons, etc, then at the end of the cession it is recommended that you log off rather than close the window, if you want those changes to stick for future logins.

This used to be the case, but it was fixed a while ago. When you change options they're saved immediately, not when you logout.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users